Hello all,

It's chilly outside where I am (Baltimore) and the winter wind is starting to blow. So it's time to propose a new contest! "Winter Music" - write a piece of music which invokes the idea of winter. Any instrumentation, length between 1-5 minutes. In order for this contest to be a go, I'd like to see at least 10 composers on this site sign up for it. If 10 composers sign up by Nov. 30, the contest is a go! You can sign up by replying to this thread or PM'ing me privately (if we are not friends already, send a friend request and I will accept). You don't have to submit your work by Nov. 30, you only have to express interest to participate by then, details about contest deadlines will appear after the contest is a go. Voting will be by the members of this site!

Hope to hear from you!

Gav

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Welcome Michael to the forum and this contest, you are number 7, we only need 3 more entrants for the contest to be a go!

• I'll be in it

• Hi John, you are number 8! If two more composers sign up, the contest is on!

• I'm getting impatient to try my meager hand... What if, say, one or two of us have multiple personality disorder? Could we go ahead and give it a start? :) 

• Paul, please feel free to start! Just note that the contest is only a go if we get 10 entrants. We presently stand at 8, so 2 more are needed! Deadline to commit (but not to submit) is Nov. 30!

• I'm definitely in! Sounds like a great idea.

• Thanks and welcome Blake. That's 9 entries, only one 1 more needed for the contest to be a go! Deadline to commit is Nov. 30!

• Count me in.

Victor.

• Thanks Victor! With 10 entries the contest is now a go! Members still have until November 30 to join this contest!

• There's still time to enter this contest! Deadline to commit (but not to submit your entry) is November 30 at 5 pm EST. Reply to this forum if you'd like to enter, or send me a PM if you wish to remain anonymous (if we are not already friends on this forum, send me a request and I will accept).

This reply was deleted.