Vocaloid software

I'm looking at Vocaloid vocal software right now for making facsimiles of my songs, operas, etc.

There are currently two operatic voices available- a soprano (Prima) and a tenor.

I'm pretty much sold on Prima. Here is what it can do. I'd like some input because I have no idea if there's anything else out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMH4-ka-rfA

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not sure which one I like better in terms of expression. Here's Vocaloid Kokone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIo4cozrXyY

• I have it.

Not bad for a demo. Very hard to get it to sound convincing and the word builder makes things harder too.

I am waiting for a major upgrade until I use it again.

Voice VSTs really are not quite there yet

Remember that what they use to promote the product will be very difficult for you to emulate at home. 

• What is the word builder?

They don't seem to be too pricey for what you get. I haven't come across anything else out there, and for my own purposes I just want someone to create a reasonable facsimile.

Hey, maybe you can answer a question for me: Can you programme these things to sing gibberish? I ask because my approach to song writing is to work out the melody and the arrangement first, and work out the libretto as an afterthought. I often work out a whole cycle of songs sans words, then come back later to work at the libretto. When working with a singer on an unfinished score, I provide them with a dummy sheet with a sort of calculated gibberish, that has certain vowel sounds in key places, for example. I also sometimes write songs in the same type of gibberish in order to create the illusion of a foreign language. I do this because there are times when I don't want words, but want the impact of language in the vocal in purely musical terms.

I was just listening to some of the new Vocaloid product and was not impressed. They seem to be going for more variety within what they have instead of improving the overall product.

Adrian Allan said:

I have it.

Not bad for a demo. Very hard to get it to sound convincing and the word builder makes things harder too.

I am waiting for a major upgrade until I use it again.

Voice VSTs really are not quite there yet

Remember that what they use to promote the product will be very difficult for you to emulate at home. 

Vocaloid software
    I'm looking at Vocaloid vocal software right now for making facsimiles of my songs, operas, etc. There are currently two operatic voices available- a…
This reply was deleted.