Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Very short piece for viola and cello.  Looking for critique, please.

https://soundcloud.com/charley-hankins/tender-toes 

Thanks,

Charley

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really want to thank everyone who took the time to reply and offer different arrangements and advice.  

This has been an educational experience for me, and I appreciate everyone's kindness, honesty, and help.

Peace and Love,

Charley 

If I understand you correctly, the cello eighth notes (three-and) in measures 3,6, and 7 should be light.

(I would kind of like the G dotted half note in measure 4 to be tenuto with expression (am I saying that correctly?))

The quarter notes on the third beat in measures 11, 12, and 13 should be sustained. 

The quarter note on the third beat in measure 14 should be light.

In the 4/4 section, the quarter notes on the third beat in measures 15 and 16 should be light.

I hope that makes sense.  

But, by all means, interpret it how you like.  I look forward to it very much.

Thanks,

Charley  

That last double stop for cello is still as impossible as it was in the first iteration of the score. You could leave the cello on the low E, and give the G# to the viola instead (get rid of the B and keep it a double stop; the sound will still be quite rich, don't worry about that).

Oh yeah!  sorry about that.  I'll make that change.  Thanks!

Greg Brus said:

That last double stop for cello is still as impossible as it was in the first iteration of the score. You could leave the cello on the low E, and give the G# to the viola instead (get rid of the B and keep it a double stop; the sound will still be quite rich, don't worry about that).

Tender%20Toes%2C%20Viola%20and%20Cello.pdf 

Omitted the G# in the cello, and added Emily's changes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service