Hi,

These are two recordings of myself performing a selection of two of my works for solo piano.

Work In G major

Work In C major

This is from my classical music collection. I really love the classical music genre and I enjoy creating this kind of music. I don't see any conflict with this genre and the more modern cinematic music that I also enjoy composing and performing. I think composers should branch out and explore new soundworlds you can only learn and progress from it.

Scores are attached,

Best Wishes,

Saul Gefen

Work In G major.pdf

Work in C major .pdf

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "I think composers should branch out and explore new soundworlds you can only learn and progress from it."

Certainly agree with that. Eclecticism will win the day,

I don't write cinematic music and have forgotten what key signatures are about but I found these pleasant peaceful pieces. Easy just to close eyes and relax.

Fascinating though, to play them simultaneously up to the end of the C major piece. As the keys are closely related it seems to work.

Nice.

Cheers, Dane.

• Thank You Dane!

Dane Aubrun said:

"I think composers should branch out and explore new soundworlds you can only learn and progress from it."

Certainly agree with that. Eclecticism will win the day,

I don't write cinematic music and have forgotten what key signatures are about but I found these pleasant peaceful pieces. Easy just to close eyes and relax.

Fascinating though, to play them simultaneously up to the end of the C major piece. As the keys are closely related it seems to work.

Nice.

Cheers, Dane.

Two Works for Solo Piano - Scores Included
    Hi, These are two recordings of myself performing a selection of two of my works for solo piano. Work In G major Work In C major This is from my…
  • Very well done Saul. Melody, harmony, counterpoint all very nicely handled.  These are simple, unpretentious and very appealing. Thanks for posting.

• Thank you Ingo for your kind comments.

Ingo Lee said:

Very well done Saul. Melody, harmony, counterpoint all very nicely handled.  These are simple, unpretentious and very appealing. Thanks for posting.

Hi, These are two recordings of myself performing a selection of two of my works for solo piano. Work In G major Work In C major This is from my…
  • Saul, I think you shine as a composer pianist. This work reflects that well. Nice!

• Thank You Tim!

• Dear Saul,

especially the first piece is such a tender and beautiful gem of music! I love it very much and reminds me of the transcendence of some of Bach'spiano works. Thank you!

Gerd

• Thank You Gerd!

• I enjoyed these a lot, Saul. Simple, lyrical, and very intimate. The G major piece does seem the more fully developed of the two, and I agree with Gerd, it does remind me a great deal of Bach's keyboard writing. The C major could maybe be developed further? I haven't looked at the score, but I think you end it in the dominant (G), which adds to an impression (for me anyway) of incompleteness.

• Thank you Liz,

I think that the second one is also in G major now that I think about it more carefully. The piece begins with a dominant g major on the right hand, the left hand gives the harmony that begins in C but I think that the right hand had set the key of the entire piece, that is why it flows naturally towards the G major. I think I will change that and title it Work In G major No. 2

Thanks for listening.

Liz Atems said:

I enjoyed these a lot, Saul. Simple, lyrical, and very intimate. The G major piece does seem the more fully developed of the two, and I agree with Gerd, it does remind me a great deal of Bach's keyboard writing. The C major could maybe be developed further? I haven't looked at the score, but I think you end it in the dominant (G), which adds to an impression (for me anyway) of incompleteness.

This reply was deleted.