Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello, I don't post here often, but I wanted to share these some piano miniatures I wrote lately, to hopefully get some feedback about them. This one is titled"Nocturne", and has a simple structure and short melodic phrases.

I have attached the audio file (computer generated), and the pdf of the score.

I appreciate any feedback :)

François

Views: 86

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a lovely piece! Very much a nocturne, rather Chopinesque, full of beautiful modulations and harmonic inflections. The pulse is unusual and a bit hard to make out - in fact, without the score I would be hard pressed to figure out whether it was in duple or triple meter. The melody line is unusual, thoroughly idiomatic yet original, certainly doesn't hark back to any specific work I can think of. I was puzzled a bit by the ending, which doesn't cadence, but jumps suddenly into a remote key. Somehow that seems fitting for this piece though.

Congrats on a beautiful miniature. I will have to listen to some of the other work you've posted later on when I have a chance.

Very nice Francois, harmonically interesting with some gently eccentric phrasing.  The style sounds familiar but is still your own. I enjoyed it.

Wow, François, what a haunting nocturne - wonderful! This piece conveys such a beautiful lightness with its sublime harmonies and tender phrasing. I love it!

Gerd

Hi Francois,

I don't understand what is the purpose of those rests. It seems to me like someone is walking towards somewhere and stops from time to time but I don't understand why. The music is not giving me any clues, so maybe you can explain, maybe there is a reason for that. I would have created more flowing and cohesive musical phrases.

Regards

Thank you Liz, Ingo, and Gerd for your kind comments! I am very glad you enjoyed it :) I was nervous that people weren't going to like it, it's kind of a new approach to me, so I'm glad to hear this.

François

Hi Saul, thank you for the feedback! I agree with you for this piece regarding the pauses, I think I am going to try to connect some sections differently.

François

Saul Gefen said:

Hi Francois,

I don't understand what is the purpose of those rests. It seems to me like someone is walking towards somewhere and stops from time to time but I don't understand why. The music is not giving me any clues, so maybe you can explain, maybe there is a reason for that. I would have created more flowing and cohesive musical phrases.

Regards

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service