Replies

• If it was more positive and friendly.
  • I prefer constructive , encouraging criticism with a side order of tact when dealing with all types of people.
  • I prefer constructive , encouraging criticism with a side order of tact when dealing with all types of people.

• I prefer constructive, encouraging criticism with a side order of cole slaw when dealing with ya'll. ( and where DID ya hide and the womens-)

• K-man, I'm wasn't looking for a date, I was implying that it might be nice to lower the

'testosterine level' a bit and then possibly allow for a wider range of comments, perspective,

and participation. i.e. less competitive one-up manship ,as you implied .

In my opinion you can learn something from everyone, but since there is no real 'whole' to

support with composing/composers the focus tends towards the 'me'.

Kristofer P.D.Q. Emerig said:

Internet composing forums mostly concern themselves with annoyingly techy gadgetry and egotistical pissing contests. Women, for the most part, and to their credit, haven't an interest in either. Try church or the grocery store instead.

roger stancill said:

I prefer constructive, encouraging criticism with a side order of cole slaw when dealing with ya'll. ( and where DID ya hide and the womens-)

The Energy and Participation on this Forum Would Be Higher If..
    ? Your thoughts
  • Reading through the comments, I had to laugh.  I've been participating in online forums for more than 30 years and it's the same discussion always - how to keep the testosterone levels in check so that more women would participate, or how to have a positive, constructive environment even without more women involved.

Maybe it's me - I have always been a woman with more male friends and collaborators than female - but I don't find it that hard to participate in this forum.  Then, again, I just ignore certain ways of interacting if I don't like them.

I also don't limit myself to this site - if I want strokes, I can go to another forum.  If I want to share something I've composed that people elsewhere don't get at all, I can upload it here.  There are a few people here I know from other sites and they are friendly. ;) 

Sorry to hear that there has been so much discord (sic!) here.  Luckily, I've missed it all. lol

This reply was deleted.