Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share a short piano piece I've composed in here for your feedback. While I've been composing themes and improvising on the piano for many years, this is the first time I've composed an "exact" piece and also notated it down. I'm a completely self-taught composer, and so any feedback here will be really helpful in order for me to assess my own compositional skills. So, here's a video of me playing my own piece entitled "The Drifting Waltz" alongside the score. You will find a short description in the YouTube description section.

Please have a listen and let me know what you think.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JEVArci6uQ

Thanks !

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, Thank you ! That's a great compliment really. I worked really hard on the composition as well as the playing ( which isn't 100% to my satisfaction, but I gotta let go at some point), so great to hear you liked it !  I actually posted this piece more than a year ago. The latest piece I posted here just a few days ago is "Mood River".  If this piece interested you sufficiently and you've got the time, give that one a listen .. Oh and you don't have to be a pianist to give feedback haha ! 

Thanks again !

Tarun Prajapat said:

Hi Sahir,

If you'd take a comment from someone who doesn't know how to play the piano; If I was driving and listening to classic fm and this popped up, I'd have to park up, close my eyes, and just appreciate this beautiful piece of art. But, luckily, you provided a YouTube video so that I can actually appreciate the superb agility with which you play. I will be listening to this many times. Truly brilliant!

All the best

I will certainly be going through your works

Sahir Haider said:

Wow, Thank you ! That's a great compliment really. I worked really hard on the composition as well as the playing ( which isn't 100% to my satisfaction, but I gotta let go at some point), so great to hear you liked it !  I actually posted this piece more than a year ago. The latest piece I posted here just a few days ago is "Mood River".  If this piece interested you sufficiently and you've got the time, give that one a listen .. Oh and you don't have to be a pianist to give feedback haha ! 

Thanks again !

Tarun Prajapat said:

Hi Sahir,

If you'd take a comment from someone who doesn't know how to play the piano; If I was driving and listening to classic fm and this popped up, I'd have to park up, close my eyes, and just appreciate this beautiful piece of art. But, luckily, you provided a YouTube video so that I can actually appreciate the superb agility with which you play. I will be listening to this many times. Truly brilliant!

All the best

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service