Replies

• Nice little piece, the violin sounds pretty good but I have to say I have just bought the Embertone Friedlander Violin and it is far better the EWQL in my opinion.

• @Raymond - yes I agree the volume on the piano is a bit loud. Sounds more balanced when it's lowered a bit :-)

@David

I just had a listen to the Embertone Friedlander Violin and it sounds good to me as well. I would not say far better than the EWQL, but as always when it comes to samples it's a matter of opinion.

In the example I only used one patch - so one track for the violin and no key switching was done. There is a lot of articulations to a lot to choose from when it comes to the EWQL solo violin, but that will an experiment for the next track where I need a solo violin :-)

• I also stumbled across https://www.virharmonic.com/bohemian_violin

It sounds beautiful, but it's less customisable because from what I understand you can't choose articulations, so I am going to watch Embertone and see if they run a sale someday.

The Embertone string bundle is tempting as I don't have Kontakt and these guys have done a great job by not following the crowd down the paid Kontakt road.

Virtual Violin, Solo Violin, Virtual Performer, VST, AU, AAX
    Virtual Violin that is more than just a Virtual instrument. Powered by our virtual performer, this solo violin can inspire from the first note.
This reply was deleted.