Tears of Love

I'm performing at the piano,

Best Wishes,

Saul

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Saul,

A beautiful, ruminative piece fitting the title absolutely. The balance between piano and other instruments is right on. 

The closing moment, just the single note fading was just right.

You have an instinctive feel for your art even down to presenting Waterhouse's picture. It comes across easily which usually means there's actually a lot of work behind it. Just a guess....

Thank you for offering a chance to listen.

All the best,

Dane.

Dane, Thank you for these generous comments.

I try to find the artwork that does justice to the music, sometimes it is difficult because there are only a few websites that offer free images and sometimes the selection is not great. This particular painting is by the British Artist John William Waterhouse. I knew about this painting before and finally decided to use it when I didn't find anything else that was suitable to this music. The painting is called 'The Lady of Shalott.

Best Wishes,

Saul

I can usually find something on Wikimedia Commons.   I once or twice  have just changed the title of the work to reflect a picture I've found that I particularly like.

Saul Gefen said:

I try to find the artwork that does justice to the music, sometimes it is difficult because there are only a few websites that offer free images and sometimes the selection is not great. This particular painting is by the British Artist John William Waterhouse. I knew about this painting before and finally decided to use it when I didn't find anything else that was suitable to this music. The painting is called 'The Lady of Shalott.

Best Wishes,

Saul

Hi Saul,

I enjoyed this. The eloquently played piano interspersed with  vocals sounds among other things gave it an almost mystical feel. I think the picture selection added to the enchantment.The piano alone would have sounded good. Adding the other elements to it only improved the general feel.

It's difficult to put love into something like music and have it relate to everyone. When  think of "tears" as it pertains to love I admit to coming up short. I'm usually happy when I'm in love. Maybe tears as in when someone we love dies? I'm not asking you for any reasons why you called it " Tear Of Love". I know some people cry when they are happy....I just don't relate to that personally. 

Aside from these meanderings on love and tears, I think it's a really nice piano work. Congrats!

Thanks Jon, that's what I have used Wikipedia and this image was under public domain.

Jon Corelis said:

I can usually find something on Wikimedia Commons.   I once or twice  have just changed the title of the work to reflect a picture I've found that I particularly like.

Saul Gefen said:

Best Wishes,

Saul

Thank you Tim,

All I can say that tears can be of joy, sadness and happiness, and they just can be spontaneous without knowing where and why they come from, perhaps its just an expression of the soul.

Best Wishes,

Saul

Timothy Smith said:

Hi Saul,

I enjoyed this. The eloquently played piano interspersed with  vocals sounds among other things gave it an almost mystical feel. I think the picture selection added to the enchantment.The piano alone would have sounded good. Adding the other elements to it only improved the general feel.

It's difficult to put love into something like music and have it relate to everyone. When  think of "tears" as it pertains to love I admit to coming up short. I'm usually happy when I'm in love. Maybe tears as in when someone we love dies? I'm not asking you for any reasons why you called it " Tear Of Love". I know some people cry when they are happy....I just don't relate to that personally. 

Aside from these meanderings on love and tears, I think it's a really nice piano work. Congrats!

A lovely, introspective piece. Beautiful, lyrical writing for the piano (and beautifully played!) and some nice instrumentals as well, very evocative. The mix sounded perfect to me. Thanks for sharing this.

Thank you Liz for your nice and generous comments, highly appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it.

Best,

Saul

Liz Atems said:

A lovely, introspective piece. Beautiful, lyrical writing for the piano (and beautifully played!) and some nice instrumentals as well, very evocative. The mix sounded perfect to me. Thanks for sharing this.

Saul, I always like your music.  This might be my favorite.  The "feels" your music gives me is like no other on this site.  Keep up the good work.  

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated!

Douglas Locke said:

Saul, I always like your music.  This might be my favorite.  The "feels" your music gives me is like no other on this site.  Keep up the good work.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service