Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Song Without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin (Score Included)

Songs without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin

Composed around 2006 first written for solo piano and then arranged for Piano and Violin

Best Wishes,

Saul

Views: 222

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never mind I just downloaded the linked file. Thanks

Gerd Prengel said:

Saul, above I had presented to you your piece with a better violin sound, but the piano sound actually was not so good as yours, Now I improved also the piano sound. You can listen to it on the same link Saul_Gefen_violin_piano - really a wonderful composition :-)

Gerd

Saul,

Congratulations on a well-constructed piece! The piano and violin blend together beautifully, and, even better, each part is enjoyable to play! I was a little confused by the time signature, as I didn't feel it matched the rhythm presented in the recording. Perhaps the 12/16 that Victor suggested would make reading it a little easier (but redoing the entire thing in a new time signature... I don't envy you there). The only other suggestion I have is the triple stop in the last measure—it isn't playable. Either the B and D# will share the same string, or the D# and F# will. You can reduce it to a double stop, or spread the chord out (B/F#/D#).

Thanks for sharing!

Thank You!

Also thanks for pointing to the playability of the triple stop in the last measure will look into that.

Regards

Jörfi Terríson said:

Saul,

Congratulations on a well-constructed piece! The piano and violin blend together beautifully, and, even better, each part is enjoyable to play! I was a little confused by the time signature, as I didn't feel it matched the rhythm presented in the recording. Perhaps the 12/16 that Victor suggested would make reading it a little easier (but redoing the entire thing in a new time signature... I don't envy you there). The only other suggestion I have is the triple stop in the last measure—it isn't playable. Either the B and D# will share the same string, or the D# and F# will. You can reduce it to a double stop, or spread the chord out (B/F#/D#).

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Saul,

A sweet piece, perpetuum mobile, it runs to its end,

quiet some craftsmanship in the manipulation of the main theme,

unified, romantic in character as there is a flowing continuous melodic

line through the piece, plus the harmony...

Enjoyable, I have a little feeling that the phrases all are similar in length, may be  I am mistaken.

Congratulations. 

Ali

I had exactly the same reaction as Victor. Sounds like a ternary meter, or maybe like it should be written in triplets, but written in 4/4. ( I won't press the point though, as I'm guilty of the same offense in one passage of my quartet). But the piece is truly wonderful, a brilliant recreation of an early 19th century style. Could be a movement of a violin sonata by Schubert, or perhaps Mendelssohn. Kudos.

Thank You Ali for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed this music!

Regards

Ali Riza SARAL said:

Hi Saul,

A sweet piece, perpetuum mobile, it runs to its end,

quiet some craftsmanship in the manipulation of the main theme,

unified, romantic in character as there is a flowing continuous melodic

line through the piece, plus the harmony...

Enjoyable, I have a little feeling that the phrases all are similar in length, may be  I am mistaken.

Congratulations. 

Ali

Thank you for your kind comments and compliment! I really appreciate this. I hope that one day it would be played by a piano and violin duo. 

Best Regards,

Saul

Liz Atems said:

I had exactly the same reaction as Victor. Sounds like a ternary meter, or maybe like it should be written in triplets, but written in 4/4. ( I won't press the point though, as I'm guilty of the same offense in one passage of my quartet). But the piece is truly wonderful, a brilliant recreation of an early 19th century style. Could be a movement of a violin sonata by Schubert, or perhaps Mendelssohn. Kudos.

Excellent, excellent music, Saul.

Thank you for your effort to enrich the music experience.

Kjell

Thank You Kjell!

Masterful composition here ..i do agree with Gerd tho about the violin .. could be improved alittle here.

Thank you Jacob,

Regards

jacob ticli said:

Masterful composition here ..i do agree with Gerd tho about the violin .. could be improved alittle here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service