Songs without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin

Composed around 2006 first written for solo piano and then arranged for Piano and Violin

Best Wishes,

Saul

Song Without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin.pdf

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Interesting builds, although it is in a minor key but it manages to have some kind of a happy vibe that holds the theme together, I liked the dark harmony that mimic the one used in classical music and sometimes it modulates to major chords I guess, however, the melody itself is very powerful in rhythm, I liked the story you are telling, the respond/calls, the chromatic sense builds, the tensions...... all working great together. The tensions you had were amazing (using powerful dynamics) yet the releases like at (3:07) completed the story in a characteristic style . Well done, great job

  • Dear Saul, again this is great ! A very spirited compostion, very enjoying!! How funny that about 10 years ago I wrote a similiar violinsonata in the same key ... I will share it in the coming days. As for the rendition: your piano is wonderful (what sound is it?), but the violin sound could be  improved, I think ... Gerd

  • Thank you for your comments. Glad you liked the music. This is from my earlier works where classical music played a greater role in my music making. Its a fun piece to be performed as a solo pianist, but with an added violinist the piece gets more intensity and the dialogue that is taking place between the two instruments gives it a very romantic feel, as it should it was intended to be a romantic piece. And yes even though its in E minor the piece has some kind of a dance quality that gives it some vibe as you said. Its not sad or happy, just like love at times it has both the bitter and the sweet.

    Best Wishes



    Islam Y.Omari said:

    Interesting builds, although it is in a minor key but it manages to have some kind of a happy vibe that holds the theme together, I liked the dark harmony that mimic the one used in classical music and sometimes it modulates to major chords I guess, however, the melody itself is very powerful in rhythm, I liked the story you are telling, the respond/calls, the chromatic sense builds, the tensions...... all working great together. The tensions you had were amazing (using powerful dynamics) yet the releases like at (3:07) completed the story in a characteristic style . Well done, great job

    Song Without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin (Score Included)
      Songs without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin Composed around 2006 first written for solo piano and then arranged for Piano and Violin Best…
  • Thank you Gerd!

    Looking forward to hear your composition. The piano and violin sounds are from a standard Finale. Though it would be great to hear how it would work out and sound through real instruments played by musicians, without a question I'm sure the sound would be superior.

    Glad you enjoyed the music.

    Best Wishes,

    Saul



    Gerd Prengel said:

    Dear Saul, again this is great ! A very spirited compostion, very enjoying!! How funny that about 10 years ago I wrote a similiar violinsonata in the same key ... I will share it in the coming days. As for the rendition: your piano is wonderful (what sound is it?), but the violin sound could be  improved, I think ... Gerd

    Song Without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin (Score Included)
      Songs without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin Composed around 2006 first written for solo piano and then arranged for Piano and Violin Best…
  • If you would send me the Finale File I may create a better violin sound with my NotePerformer Tool... :-)

    By the way, did you listen by now to my second movement from my Mendelsohn 6th symphony project?

    Gerd

    Saul Gefen said:

    Thank you Gerd!

    Looking forward to hear your composition. The piano and violin sounds are from a standard Finale. Though it would be great to hear how it would work out and sound through real instruments played by musicians, without a question I'm sure the sound would be superior.

    Glad you enjoyed the music.

    Best Wishes,

    Saul



    Gerd Prengel said:

    Dear Saul, again this is great ! A very spirited compostion, very enjoying!! How funny that about 10 years ago I wrote a similiar violinsonata in the same key ... I will share it in the coming days. As for the rendition: your piano is wonderful (what sound is it?), but the violin sound could be  improved, I think ... Gerd

    Song Without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin (Score Included)
      Songs without Words In E minor for Piano and Violin Composed around 2006 first written for solo piano and then arranged for Piano and Violin Best…
  • There you go Gerd, Thanks.

    Please post it here when you're done...

    I will listen and will let you know by tonight, Thanks again.

    Song without Words Saul Gefen .mus

  • Dear Saul, I just created a new rendition with the violin from NotePerformer and the piano from the soundfonts "pianissimum". I think especially the violin sounds terrific now!  What a fantastic piece you wrote!!! Thank you!

    Saul_Gefen_violin_piano

    Gerd

    http://www.gerdprengel.de/Saul_Gefen_violin_piano.mp3
  • Gerd! This is Terrific! Thanks a lot! this sounds much better indeed!

    Can you please email me the Mp3 file at Sauldmusic@gmail.com?

    Thanks!

    :)

  • Saul, above I had presented to you your piece with a better violin sound, but the piano sound actually was not so good as yours, Now I improved also the piano sound. You can listen to it on the same link Saul_Gefen_violin_piano - really a wonderful composition :-)

    Gerd

    http://www.gerdprengel.de/Saul_Gefen_violin_piano.mp3
  • Thank you Gerd!

    This really sounds better and very nice!

    Can you please email the mp3 to sauldmusic@gmail.com

    Thanks

This reply was deleted.