"Song of Love"

I met my wife 3 years ago, online, and celebrating one year wedding anniversary now. 3 weeks after meeting her she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She wanted to cancel our date that night but I convinced her not to! Anyway after surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy she came through fine.

I organised a concert and without her knowing (until she read the programme) , the first piece was written for her. She said it was one of the best surprises of her life. We walked down the aisle to this piece and it holds a special place in our hearts.

Anyway she knows I go on this site so she asked for me to post "her" piece and to say hi to everyone here !

Song Of Love - Score and parts.pdf

Song Of Love.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Antonio its a live performance.

• Lovely story and a lovely piece!!   Thank heaven everything turned out fine.  May you have many wonderful years together.

• Thanks Michael, glad u liked it!
  • Well, that is very kind of you, Paul. But it is proven I think in a different way, but I love the song. Wish I could write in a little different style then I do now... :)

Paul Halley said:

I don't think it is beyond your reach at all Erwin.

"Song of Love"
    I met my wife 3 years ago, online, and celebrating one year wedding anniversary now. 3 weeks after meeting her she was diagnosed with breast cancer.…

• Thankyou Stivo, much appreciated

I hope you get lots of joy and  inspiration from this site.

Paul

Stivo Bandini said:

Hello Paul and hello everybody, i just listened to your music and i must say it's a wonderful job.

I'm a french composer and i just registered on that site. You're the first one i listen to and it's already amazing. I'll listen to your other works then. I read on some sites that this site was full of really good composers so i came to check that, and until now i'm impressed. Thanks for the good time.

"Song of Love"
    I met my wife 3 years ago, online, and celebrating one year wedding anniversary now. 3 weeks after meeting her she was diagnosed with breast cancer.…
  • It sounds very Italian, I think Bocelli would make a good job on this one. :) The main melody should be singable, I think, in Italian or other language, by soprano to replace the violin. Bocelli too low-pitched to capture the bests moments of the melody, he is not that good anyway.

I'm just thinking.

Lovely song!

• Great Stivo, looking forward to your first piece post....

If u liked this one, here's a couple more of my favorites :

https://composersforum.ning.com/forum/topics/recorded-piece-winter-1...

https://composersforum.ning.com/forum/topics/string-quartet-flavour-...

https://composersforum.ning.com/forum/topics/midnight-a-halloween-piece

Stivo Bandini said:

You're welcome, i'm still impressed.

:)

Paul Halley said:

Thankyou Stivo, much appreciated

I hope you get lots of joy and  inspiration from this site.

Paul

Recorded Piece "Winter" 1st Movement
    I was able to get a few recordings a couple years ago. This piece is the 1st movement of my Seasons Quartets. Each quartet has 3 movements, so this s…
  • Lol - I never thought about it like that, but now that you mention it I see what you mean. I usually aim for lyrical and  simple melodies that hopefully are memorable enough so I suppose they would end up sounding vocal at times.

Thanks Per-Erik

Per-Erik Rosqvist said:

It sounds very Italian, I think Bocelli would make a good job on this one. :) The main melody should be singable, I think, in Italian or other language, by soprano to replace the violin. Bocelli too low-pitched to capture the bests moments of the melody, he is not that good anyway.

I'm just thinking.

Lovely song!

"Song of Love"
  • Glad u liked them Stivo. 

Stivo Bandini said:

Well, i just downloaded your music and i just finish listening to those three pieces.

What can i say except "it's a wonderful work" and that i'm even more impressed than i was before.

Your music is never boring, even if some parts are long and taking its time, it's always to reach something beautiful. While i was listening i was wondering "but how do those guys can write that kind of things? What is the brain process to think music in those ways?".

I never learned music, i tried when i was a child, went to a conservatory to learn piano but i couldn't understand my teachers. So i quit music school and didnt play for years. When i was 15 i bought a guitar and began to learn all by myself, bought a keyboard then, doing the same thing.

Now i'm 41 and i still don't know how to write music, i have no knowledges in classical compositions, so the kind of music you write seem to come from outerspace to me. But it's really motivating, full of emotions and it sounds so "alive".

Forgive me about my poor english, it's hard to describe my feels about music because i don't know the good english terms.

But thanks again for those links, it really enlighted this dark afternoon and my ears are now really happy.

Paul Halley said:

This reply was deleted.