this is something that i did for fun, just throwing around ideas for more serious projects.  thought i'd share as i do like it.  score is messy i know.  

the .mp3 was too big to attach, so here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooS9ajRq8Ko&feature=youtu.be

Piece for Orchestra - Full Score.pdf

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Daniel,

Listening to your piece was a complete experience for me.
    I have to tell you, I know nothing about orchestras, and have very limited experience even as a listener.
    But I know I loved this piece. I was in fact totally awed by it.
    This is an occasion where I really wish I knew enough to comment on your piece, or to help you care about my highly positive "review".

Mariza

p.s. Who is the person on that b&w photo that you use? I assume it's a famous composer - can you tell me which? Thanks, and sorry for not knowing that, either.
  • Thank you for the kind words! I am glad it had such an effect on you. The composer in my profile picture is my favorite writer of music, Alfred Schnittke. You can see a ton of inspiration from him in this piece. Again, thanks Mariza!

Mariza Costa-Cabral said:
    Daniel,

Listening to your piece was a complete experience for me.
    I have to tell you, I know nothing about orchestras, and have very limited experience even as a listener.
    But I know I loved this piece. I was in fact totally awed by it.
    This is an occasion where I really wish I knew enough to comment on your piece, or to help you care about my highly positive "review".

Mariza

p.s. Who is the person on that b&w photo that you use? I assume it's a famous composer - can you tell me which? Thanks, and sorry for not knowing that, either.
    Short Piece for Orchestra
    this is something that i did for fun, just throwing around ideas for more serious projects.  thought i'd share as i do like it.  score is messy i kno…
  • Hello, Daniel.

This is an interesting piece. I like the way you used bass instruments. Last minute, it's hole power is really cool.

As for me, higher voices from 1:00 were too chaotic, and perscussion effects like in 1:28 were unneccesary. I understand that you meant to create a chaos effect, but it was quite tiresome for me as a listener.
    Generally, it's good, interesting piece. 

Jakub

This reply was deleted.