Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello folks! This is a short and very simple guitar piece i recently composed. I wanted to work with simple melodies with contrasting harmonic colors.

I would love to know what you think of it!

https://soundcloud.com/jaime-chirif-watanabe/short-piece-for-gutiar...

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a very nice piece, and different from your other compositions that I listened to, it shows your versatility.
Though simple, it kept my attention until the end.

You have a very nice sound playing the guitar.

Although developed on a single motivic idea (at least two thirds of it, I thought), I found it quite imaginative/inventive and very idiomatic for the instrument. Monophonic for the most part, the chordal playing is well placed and comes as a natural conclusive result. The chordal passage in the third half, manipulating the same chord pattern, reminded me of certain Villa-Lobos guitar preludes (no.1 & no. 4 in particular) and it was a nice and welcome contrast to the previous two thirds of the piece.

Very interesting and fresh choice of instrument for this kind of piece, as one would have chosen a plastic string instrument rather than a steel one, very nice playing too.

Well done and thanks for sharing!

Do post a score if you have one, please.

I think it's positively good :)

Dani S, thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it!

Dani S said:

It is a very nice piece, and different from your other compositions that I listened to, it shows your versatility.
Though simple, it kept my attention until the end.

You have a very nice sound playing the guitar.

Thank you very much for your kind words Slava :)

Slava Fiks said:

I think it's positively good :)

Hello, Socrates! Thank you for listening, i'm very glad you liked it. 

I didn't understand the last part of your coment. Did you mean it sounds like steel strings? Because i use nylon strings.

I didn't write the piece, but if i find the time to do it i'll post it.

Thank you for your feedback! You are very kind.

Socrates Arvanitakis said:

Although developed on a single motivic idea (at least two thirds of it, I thought), I found it quite imaginative/inventive and very idiomatic for the instrument. Monophonic for the most part, the chordal playing is well placed and comes as a natural conclusive result. The chordal passage in the third half, manipulating the same chord pattern, reminded me of certain Villa-Lobos guitar preludes (no.1 & no. 4 in particular) and it was a nice and welcome contrast to the previous two thirds of the piece.

Very interesting and fresh choice of instrument for this kind of piece, as one would have chosen a plastic string instrument rather than a steel one, very nice playing too.

Well done and thanks for sharing!

Do post a score if you have one, please.

Yes, it did strike me as an acoustic guitar, maybe something to do with the recording or microphones etc.

Still, I apologize for the mistake. :-)

No problem! I'll just have to improve my sound on the guitar. It's very helpful knowing how other people perceive it.

Socrates Arvanitakis said:

Yes, it did strike me as an acoustic guitar, maybe something to do with the recording or microphones etc.

Still, I apologize for the mistake. :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sign up info

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service