Second Sight

Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum. I'm glad to be here amongst such a creative and talented bunch. After listening to several pieces and being thoroughly impressed, I decided to pluck the courage and post one of my own for dissection. *gulp* It is my most recent - completed last night. If you enjoyed it or not, please tell me why. Best regards, Jase

SECOND SIGHT.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks! :-)

I have made some alterations - very minor. The Tubular Bells were not to my liking - changed 2 of the 3 notes. Softened some of the string transitions.

To hear the improved version I have uploaded the piece into the music player on my composer's page.

Best regards,

Jase
  • Very filmic piece . I like the strings build and the occasional passing dissonances with the brass.
    Very enjoyable peaceful conclusion that hangs like a question in the air
  • Dan and Deryn Cullen said:
    Very filmic piece . I like the strings build and the occasional passing dissonances with the brass.
    Very enjoyable peaceful conclusion that hangs like a question in the air

Thanks Dan.

This is the first time I've used the brass section. I'm really pleased with how this piece has taken shape.

Best regards,

Jase
    Second Sight
    Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum. I'm glad to be here amongst such a creative and talented bunch. After listening to several pieces and…
  • Per-Erik Rosqvist said:
    Hi Jason!

My keyboard stopped functioning, so couldn't leave a longer comment than that one before :)

I think the piece is interesting in its structure, a wonderful build up, and very filmic. It is good!

I will check the piece on your page!

Jason Munn said:
    Thanks! :-)

I have made some alterations - very minor. The Tubular Bells were not to my liking - changed 2 of the 3 notes. Softened some of the string transitions.

To hear the improved version I have uploaded the piece into the music player on my composer's page.

Best regards,

Jase

Sorry - I just realised I hadn't responded to your post. A belated thanks for your comments - I appreciate them immensely. I still think this is one of my better pieces - though I've certainly improved since then. I should post some of my new works.

Best regards,

Jase
    Second Sight
    Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum. I'm glad to be here amongst such a creative and talented bunch. After listening to several pieces and…
This reply was deleted.