Please come to this unique and important event organized by the Society for Composers and Lyricists. It will be a rare opportunity to address many of the key issues that we face as NY-based composers, particularly the Union/non-Union question. It will provide practical, constructive information for the established or emerging composer to help navigate the options and the changing landscape of live recording in NY. We have put together a great panel who will offer their first-hand experience through major picture and indie film, television and stage. If you do, or hope to, record a score in New York, absolutely do not miss this! RSVP details are in the flyer below - it will fill up fast.
THE SCL IN NEW YORK
THE SOCIETY OF COMPOSERS & LYRICISTS
LIVE RECORDING FOR NEW YORK COMPOSERS
Co-sponsored by BMI
TUESDAY, AUGUST 18th, 2009
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The BMI Building
320 West 57th Street (Between 8th & 9th Ave.)
New York City, NY
Seating is Limited --- Reservations Required*
How can you afford the perfect musicians you need for your next project? What are the available options to record live musicians for film, TV and video game scores in NY? What new AFM contracts are in place for different budgets? Union Residuals - how much are they in real terms, and who pays them? What about clients who insist on buy-outs - are there incentives that could change their outlook?
Drawing from a wealth of real-world experiences, a panel of New York's industry experts will demystify these key questions and help you make informed decisions for your next projects.
JOEL BECKERMAN, Composer/Moderator (Masterpiece, CBS Early Show)
JOE DELIA, Composer (King of New York, Bad Lieutenant)
CHRIS HAJIAN, Composer (Yonkers Joe, The Take)
KIMBERLEE WERTZ, Contractor (Tony Awards (CBS), Clay Pigeons)
DAVID WEISS, Musician (Lion King, Doubt)
*RSVP VIA EMAIL ONLY
- Hit Reply to this email, keeping the same Subject line.
- It should be addressed to: rsvp@TheSCL.com
- In the Message area, type: SCL NY AUG.18.
- Provide your first & last name and your daytime phone # (in case we need to contact you).
- If additional people are coming with you, please provide their first and last name(s).
- Confirmation of your RSVP will be sent only if you request it at the time of sending your RSVP.
- Please send a cancellation email to the same address if you find you are unable to attend -- thanks.
Presented by The Society of Composers & Lyricists (SCL) in cooperation with BMI