Hello everyone!

I listen to songs, and I try to breakdown the techniques and articulations there, and try to apply that to my tracks, but in that, I found a particular one that I don't know.

In these tracks, at the indicated time:

Ivan Torrent - The Blue Factor at about 00:29. The fading in string section. 

Two Steps From Hell - Spirit of Champions at 00:16. 

I'd be very grateful if someone could explain what exactly it is: Is it a legato, marcato or any of the staccato, and if so, how to achieve the same thing. 

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Never knew about embertone violins, will check them out. Thanks.

Alch said:

Anand, thaks for your reply. I am planning to work with Hollywood Strings this year. I will check what measured tremolo can do.

As for this alternate bowing for solo string, I liked the way it is done in Embertone Friedlander Violin with "bow legato". They have bow, glissando and slur legato and you can choose legato type. As for the group samples, I think "marcato UpDown" is the simplest solution. It can have 2, 4, 6 or more round robin variations. Maybe, it will have more air between bow strokes, but I believe this can be treated by decreasing space between notes (need to check).

BTW, did you see Detache RR articulation in Hollywood Strings? http://www.soundsonline-forums.com/docs/Hollywood-Strings_Articulat...

Question about string articulation use.
    Hello everyone! I listen to songs, and I try to breakdown the techniques and articulations there, and try to apply that to my tracks, but in that, I…
This reply was deleted.