Contest: “Colors” - DEADLINE PASSED

Colors - write a piece of up to two minutes duration on the theme of one of the following colors: red, yellow, blue, orange, purple, green, black, white. The piece can be in any style for any instrumentation. An MP3 or link to an outside service (e.g., Soundcloud, YouTube) is required. PDF is strongly suggested, but not required. An optional text describing the work of no more than 3 short sentences is suggested. Entries should be sent to me through this site. Deadline for entries is 1/3/21 at 5 pm EST.

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jonathan, you can Friend me on this site and I will accept. Once I have accepted, I will send you a note and you can reply with the MP3
  • 6 Tones of Blue

A varied short piece in whole tone scale for flute, viola and cello.

It's the first part of a trio. Each part has another scale mode.

Audio file attached 

• Hi Jos, I got your entry -

Gav

• Deadline for entries is 1/3/21 at 5 pm EST. Judging of the contest will be done by members of this site. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place from the Forum Store -

• Deadline for entries is 1/3/21 at 5 pm EST.

• 16 entries in, thanks! Deadline for entries is 1/3/21 at 5 pm EST.

• 17 entries in, thanks! Deadline for entries is 1/3/21 at 5 pm EST.

• The deadline for the contest has passed, and no more entries will be accepted. The contest will be posted in a separate thread later tonight, or possibly Monday - 

• The pieces and voting are now in the Music Analysis and Critique Forum.

As always there is a fascinating variety of pieces, styles and...colours! Blue is a clear favourite, it seems.

Thanks again, Gavin, for making this possible!

• Are we able to access the compositions?  Do you decide the winner or do we vote?

If there is a direct link to the compositions, I don't see it. How do we get to the

Music Analysis and Critique Forum?

This reply was deleted.