Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello members! Composers’ Forum is proposing the following contest - write a piece of music about an animal. The piece can be any instrumentation, any style, and should be of 2 minutes duration or less. If you are interested to join, reply to this thread indicating you would be interested in participating. In order for the contest to be a go, at least 8 composers must sign up. Please do not submit any entries at this point, just express your interest. Deadline to express interest (but *not* to submit an entry) is Oct. 7 at 5 pm EST!

Views: 561

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Johan, you are the 17th sign-up!

Hi Gav, I'm finished my piece. How do I present it, recording, YouTube, or sheet music? Also, if I'd like can I submit more than one piece?

Hi Joan, that’s great! Friend me on this site and I will accept and send you an e-mail address you can send all the files to. You can do up to 2 pieces, and I do prefer to receive everything all at once, for both entries. Please do not have your name visible in the files -
Gav

The deadline to express interest in joining the contest has passed and the contest is now closed, no new entries will be accepted. Entrants, please see below for rules and deadline to get your entries to me. 

Gav Brown said:

- deadline to submit your entry to me is 11/30/18 at 5 pm EST. Entries should take the form of an MP3, or a link to an online sound file such as YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. and should not have your name visible on them if possible. A PDF score is highly desirable, but is not required, and if submitting a PDF, it should also not contain your name. Pieces should be no longer than 2 minutes duration, and each entrant may submit up to 2 entries. A short description of the piece, to include at least the animal name, is required. Questions? Ask them here!

First entry is in, thanks! Contestants, the deadline to get your entry in is 11/30/18 at 5 pm EST -

Note to entrants: there will be prizes for this contest! Artist Julie Brown, who did such a bang-up job designing T-shirts for our 4 Elements contest last spring, is currently working on a new design for “Animals.” If you’d like to see what her art looks like, it’s here

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service