Replies

• This is really good! There where really beautiful moments. The interplay is wounderfull. Very enjoyable.
  • Thanks for your comments.
    I will follow your suggestion and it will remain nameless.

You make me want to compose more...
  • For some reason I couldn't download this piece.  Maybe it's time to upgrade my computer?

• Oops, I can't download it either.  Getting 404 Not Found.
  • Sorry guys... the link is working now.

I added the pdf for the full score too.

• You are really able to develop a theme and you compose beautifully!  I'm curious what you're using for sound ... the piano sounds real, the strings not as much.  I'm also wondering, what instrument do you play?
  • Thanks Emily.

I am using Akoustic piano sampler. The strings are from the VSL in giga

I am a pianist and I play violin a bit.

Emily Miller Bond said:

You are really able to develop a theme and you compose beautifully!  I'm curious what you're using for sound ... the piano sounds real, the strings not as much.  I'm also wondering, what instrument do you play?
    Piano Trio (Violin, Cello and Piano)
    My new piano trio. http://arieljramos.com/trio/trio.mp3 link to the pdf: http://arieljramos.com/trio/trio.pdf   I don't have a name for it yet. Any i…
  • Hi Saul,

Thanks for listening. I must agree with you 100% (well 99.9%).

As you said, the whole point of composing music is finding/using your own voice. Although I must say when you listen to early Beethoven you might think it is Mozart at times, which sounds like Haydn here and there, which sounds like... and you can say that about all composers.

I am convinced that's the way to learn your craft (following the footsteps of the ones before you).

I expect my voice to come out eventually without trying, for now, I am more worried about making sense of how to make a valid statement in music, how to organize it and also, I like to write stuff I can play every week with my chamber ensemble  (without annoying anyone :) )

PS. I have more movements for the trios and quartets but I usually do not take the time to build all the files and then record sequences to all movements (maybe I should)

• The dictum that we must find our "own" voice has created some of the most inaccessible music/art/writing in history.  I do believe it occurs, but it can't be the main focus, rather trust it will take root as an intuitive evolution, borne out of a deep study of music that you love.  

• Yes, but where does that "immediately recognizable, undeniable authority..." with the "ring of authenticity" come from?  How does an artist attain that?  Perhaps (s)he can't be concerned with academics or being innovative, but is actually pursuing something because (s)he really loves how it sounds.  That's the ground floor.  And then the job is to maintain that almost innocent pursuit without it getting corrupted by a fear of not "looking" original or intelligent or whatever.  Also, to learn enough without getting cowed by all there is to learn (and people who know more than you), but rather regarding knowable things as more toys to play with.
This reply was deleted.