Hello there!

As this is my first post I'm going to use this as an opportunity to introduce my self to you guys.
I'm a 18-year-old from Finland and I'm looking forward to make a career in the game/film/tv/advertisement industry.
I hope I can contribute here some how and get some advice and feedback on my compositions and technique.

Now for the music..
This should give you a general overview of my music.
I don't have access to my older stuff right now, so these are mainly form the past year or so...

• "Run while you can"
I actually have no idea where this came from...
Henri Vartio - Run while you can by SoundCinesque

• "Epäonnen päivä"
This is a score for a short film. Here I started exploring these kind of minimalistic ideas.
Epäonnen Päivä (Unlucky Day) score by SoundCinesque
  • "Running on the hills"
Some fast paced music for... I have no idea!
Running on the hills by SoundCinesque
  • "Mother of epic"
Started off as a string arrangement doodle...
Mother of Epic by SoundCinesque
  • "Rising sun suite"
A medley of HZ/HGW -ish things :P
Rising Sun suite by SoundCinesque
  • "An inspiration"
A dead project. I happened to destroy all the project related files somehow. I like how it still turned out so that's why its here...
An Inspiration by SoundCinesque

Hopefully I haven't bored anyone to death with this post. It's quite lot of stuff I put there, but I think that it might be of interest to some of you...

If somebody got interested, most of it all can be found here!

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• very nice music, Henri, considering your age it's not difficult to see that you have brilliant chances ahead...
    on a side note, you have a great piano sound, may I ask you what piano is it? Real or sampled? Thanks for sharing,

Roberto
  • Thanks!

Roberto Soggetti said:
    on a side note, you have a great piano sound, may I ask you what piano is it? Real or sampled? Thanks for sharing,

Roberto
    I mainly use Acoustica Pianissimo (more of a general purpose sound) and Imperfect White Baby Grand (for close and intimate stuff)
    Overview of my music... Mostly orchestral and such.
    Hello there!As this is my first post I'm going to use this as an opportunity to introduce my self to you guys.I'm a 18-year-old from Finland and I'm…
  • "Run while you can"------ very nice. Your running, something is after you... yet, somehow, when it catches you or you see what it is, it wasnt going to kill you after all... but it was suspenseful...

"Epäonnen päivä---- we're meeting thed hero of the film, btu they are not yet who they are... hero is waking up, shaving, making faces in the mirror... flexing humorously in the mirror, sucking in his stomach... on the way to work, making a deposit at the bank... when the muic changes, they are at work or whatever they "do" now...

"Running on the hills" --- MINOR excitement somehow. The guys are competing, but, its not wartime... maybe playing baseball or "futbol" (I think that how youd say it).

"Mother of epic" --- dripping with bittersweet emotion. Maybe caring for an aging mother... could be seeing a wife out to dinner with someone else... your not mad, just sad... its just some sad truth is being realized to the hero...

"Rising sun suite" --- well now... THERES the "big one". I knew one as coming, heh heh... opening, something "big" is shown, whatever it is. A huge airplane, a large valley, whatever, its BIG.... last bit betrays "action", sounds brave or heroic...
    hero action theme...

"An inspiration"--- started out being a "falling in love" thing... then it goes "cool jazz" on me... late softer part, maybe love again... I guess hero is out on a date, and he is smitten...

My overall take on all of this? Firsst off I cant believe your 18, ha. here in america, I am more used to meeting an 18 year old, and they want you to listen to some guitar tracks, maybe their band jamming cover tunes? This is more serious work... i am constantly amazed by the young european kids and their music educations on here... my own education system here is obviously falling WAY behind...

you sound like you are WELL on your way to composing for game or film, if thats what you choose. ANy of those short tracks seemed like they could be worked out into a longer piece, too. Instrument sounds seem all very realistic to me, but then I'm easily fooled...

I'm impressed... I wonder what you'll have developed into 10 years from now? scary and exciting stuff is coming...
  • Thanks for the comment!

SEDstar said:
    "Epäonnen päivä---- we're meeting thed hero of the film, btu they are not yet who they are... hero is waking up, shaving, making faces in the mirror... flexing humorously in the mirror, sucking in his stomach... on the way to work, making a deposit at the bank... when the muic changes, they are at work or whatever they "do" now...
    Wow... i didn't know that it was that obvious.. The script was about a airplane pilot who sleeps too late, and almost misses his own flight. the beginning is where this guy wakes up and prepares himself in a hurry.
    Overview of my music... Mostly orchestral and such.
    Hello there!As this is my first post I'm going to use this as an opportunity to introduce my self to you guys.I'm a 18-year-old from Finland and I'm…
  • Well... when you said you wanted to do film work... I just closed my eyes, and pretended I was doing stuff, and the old lady was watching TV or a movie in the next room... and that what I heard was just the audio as I came into the kitchen each piece... and I imagine trying to GUESS whats going on in her movie by just the short audio clip... (you did say you aspire to do film work)

I just make my mind go blank (easy trick for me...LMAO) and see what little movie pops into my head. I sometimes as a teenager (I'm 42...) hated to see the video for my favorite song, as it "ruined" the video I had in my head for the song... When i am reading a fiction novel, I have a little movie runnign in my head as I read... When i write my own fiction, I again havea litle movie in my head. i cant help but get a little movie in my head listenign to ANY piece of music...

I'm not as good as you with composing, but, once I get a track started, hear the melody, etc... I begin to get a movie... no telligh what it is, I just get one... and I somehow use that for the music.

I probably should stick to writing fiction, as that comes easiest to me. once my story is started, I can just sit back and "watch" the little movie in my head. Writing the next chapter is as easy as watching the movie. I easily "work" on the next part of the "movie" that guides the text description of what i am writing if i am doing mindless work... which as a delivery driver, while stuck in traffic is easy, which when driving a cab was easy too...

This is the second time I have had a composer say "wow, thats the script ! how did you know?" in the couple years I have begun getting into music. On garageband, classical section... i reviewed a piece and said what images it brought up... the guy said what you did, he made it for a film workshop, and the male and female lead were romantically getting together for the first time realizing they were in love.

Myself, i dont know HOW you film music guys "do it". i can only GET a movie after hearing some music... YOU guys are so creative you make music to MATCH the script or silent film piece. It astounds me, really. Hats off to you...
This reply was deleted.