Orchestra Sketch

I was enjoying a lot righting this piece, but the Cubase file crashed and i need to remake the project.. don't know why..

I'll take advantage of the error and ask for some opinions..
Near the end (provisory end) the piece gets a "happy" feel.. Is it too abrupt?

Will 131 - Dm_1.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• nobody will ever know why Steinberg software crashes !!!

the change of mood IMO is not too abrupt ...

good brasses ... sound well ... not an easy feat ...

• hahaha!
    yeah.. it's a mystery..

Thank's for the comment.. 

I'm still in doubt about how i can fill it up.. what instruments i can add and stuff like that..

Livio Guerra said:

nobody will ever know why Steinberg software crashes !!!

the change of mood IMO is not too abrupt ...

good brasses ... sound well ... not an easy feat ...

Orchestra Sketch
    I was enjoying a lot righting this piece, but the Cubase file crashed and i need to remake the project.. don't know why.. I'll take advantage of the…
  • It's a good piece, but I really wanted to hear something long, flowing and legato to contrast with all the short notes going on.
  • Hi Jonas,
    I totally agree with you!
    Since i started composing this kind of stuff i had a problem with the quality of the long notes,

it didn't sound good..  so i just started to compose with staccato sounds.. 

But now  i found some really good samples and i'm changing that..  

This is actually one of my first orchestrated pieces.. My plan is to change a LOT of things.. and just use some of the ideas that sounded good..

Thanks for the comment!

• Not too abrupt - I think it's in keeping with the ever changing textures and orchestration which, incidentally, is impressive.  It does have a transitory feel which suggests that it may be for film.  Is that its intention?
  • Thank you Garry

I was definitely trying to compose something with a cinematic feel!

But i will probably choose a video after i'm done.. just for fun..

• Bernardo Sodré said:

Hi Jonas,
    Since i started composing this kind of stuff i had a problem with the quality of the long notes,

This is actually one of my first orchestrated pieces.. My plan is to change a LOT of things.. and just use some of the ideas that sounded good..

Thanks for the comment!

---

What sort of problems are you having with the quality of the long notes?

• Hi Carl,

The long notes i wrote wasn't beeing played at the rigth tempo..

The instruments couldn't play the notes the way i wanted.. don't know why..

But East West Gold has some great sustain stuff that solved my problem..

That's why i'm going to remake this project using some new samples..

Carl Farmer said:

Bernardo Sodré said:

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the comment!

---

What sort of problems are you having with the quality of the long notes?

Orchestra Sketch
    I was enjoying a lot righting this piece, but the Cubase file crashed and i need to remake the project.. don't know why.. I'll take advantage of the…
  • I'm really looking forward to what you compose.

I also find legato a pain but with good layering with EWQL samples and some controller effects you can pull off some really

clever things.

• legato is in fact a problem with most samples and mixing software, one must always find work-around tricks ...

Carl Farmer said:

I'm really looking forward to what you compose.

I also find legato a pain but with good layering with EWQL samples and some controller effects you can pull off some really

clever things.

Orchestra Sketch
This reply was deleted.