Hello! Did you think about creating orchestra or chamber music in collaboration, sharing ideas and workflow? Every composer has his own workflow: let's join different workflows and approaches, learning from each other and creating a new type of collaborative composition.
Where? Online, from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Why? Meet, discuss, share, learn, compose.
What style of music we are going to compose? Orchestral and chamber music of tonal and/or atonal quality - maybe only tonal - maybe only atonal - depending on what composers will get to the meeting.
How much knowledge of music composition is required? You have to be able to compose a whole piece. No other degree or experience is required. Emerging composers are welcome! Do not be afraid that you have too little or too much experience - try to participate! Music analysts and philosophers are also welcome, because we will also discuss general form and style questions - not just compose music.
What are we going to do?
- Discuss our different approaches, workflows, styles and ideas.
- Choose the goal for our collaboration music piece (write music in some particular style, write music for a painting, write music for a poem, write music for a composition contest...)
- Plan our composition process combining our different workflows. Create a scheme of our music piece.
- Every saturday at 16:00 GMT (this is 18:00 Berlin or 12:00 New york). First meeting will be on April, 9.
- I will post a link to join the meeting about 10 minutes before this time in this forum thread.
- Meeting will be recorded as video and will be available to view later.
What tools can we use?
- Google Hangouts On Air for video conference and screen sharing (link will be posted)
- Google Drive for a whiteboard
- Flat for collaborative work with scores
What do you need to participate?
- Smartphone OR tablet OR computer. Best way is to use computer with webcamera and a USB microphone, that you can put close to you. The better your sound quality - the more interesting a collaboration will be.
- You need to have a Google account (you can register here).
- You do not necessarily need to use your webcamera. If you choose, you can use only voice communication
Official language of this meeting is English.
I will host the meeting. My english language is not mother-tongue, but I will try my best. Please, if someone with good english can co-host this meeting with me, it will be very helpful.
Let's discuss this idea. Frankly speaking, I am very excited to start! :) Please reply if you are in.