Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello, this is a piece I've been working on for a while, it's a nocturne for piano and flute depicting impressions of snow. It's not done, but I wanted to try to get some opinions on it. I started the piece a while ago, and got back to it recently, so my style seems to have changed, and I'm not sure the second half of the piece fits in the original context of it. I would be happy to have feedback on this,

(Note: The last couple seconds of the audio file contains a repetition that shouldn't be there)

François

Views: 149

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the comment :) The piece is not done yet, I'm about halfway through, so there is still quite a lot of development and a proper ending.
As for Debussy, he is indeed one of my favorite composer :) (along with Fauré, Chopin and Rachmaninoff)
Kjell Prytz said:

Hi Francois,

I find it just beautiful. I enjoyed it a lot, the duet works fine, both voices contribute and are interesting to listen to.

But what happens in the end? Maybe you should work out a better ending. It is really a pity that such a lovely piece leaves the listener in confusion.

By the way, I think it has a touch of Debussy. Some favorite of yours?

Kjell

Thank you for the comment :) I'm glad you like it.

Gabriele said:

So ethereal. Love the sound and the atmosphere, floating between tension and relaxation.

A valuable composition, imho.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service