New trailer music!

Hey everyone. After two weeks of effort, and working around my computer limits, i finished. I had hoped to make a trailer piece, and i think i succeeded, to an extent. Please tell me your thoughts, what you liked and didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MUkXh9rVg

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am not a pro in this area but there are few things that I like specially about this one. At first the way your score starts is really nice and I was kind of disappointed that you didnt use it again in the middle when the melody fades. I mean the percussion-like instruments with reverb from 0:20 to 0:35. Seriously!

Another great thing is main melody and the moment when it comes in 1:30. The only thing I'd discuss here about is the instrument that plays it. It should resemble violin I guess but next to the other sounds it's kinda artificial for me. No offence but with great drums it's contrasting a lot. At least this is how I see it.

Anyway I can see that you are capable of creating really great music! I hope someday I will reach your level.

• Wow, great point! Yeah i remember learning in theory class about where the focus goes on 6/8. I'll keep that in mind.
    Raymond Kemp said:

The syncopation created by using 6/8 is wasted by the violin playing equal notes in the 1st bar of the phrase.

try daaaah di dit , daaaah or/and dah daaah di , daaaah. Heavy vibrato on the long notes.

You've got to get inside the players' heads when using samples and create the expression for them.

New trailer music!
    Hey everyone. After two weeks of effort, and working around my computer limits, i finished. I had hoped to make a trailer piece, and i think i succee…
  • I enjoyed this, good stuff. Some instruments sound a bit dry for me but then it's a matter of taste, I like to put wayy too much reverb but it does help putting everything together nicely. I also kept expecting choirs, that might be a good idea ;)

This reply was deleted.