Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hey Sorry i have re-uploaded this piece a few times for different reasons..i did some more work on it and it has abit more direction now.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-ticli/take-care 

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was ready at writing about the previous verson.

I'll take some times to listen to the updated one and comment.

Best

No worries Appriciate that you take the time to listen.

Fabio Biolcati said:

I was ready at writing about the previous verson.

I'll take some times to listen to the updated one and comment.

Best

Remarkable. A truly heartfelt piece; conveys a great sadness.

It would make a great concert Adagio. The scoring is superb and holds together well from that dark opening through to the fine, higher texture at the end as if light could get through if allowed. Melodic fragments appear around 2'0" and there was a change at around 4'43" that conveyed a pause for thought - all seemed to evolve naturally. It was as if the mood might just get brighter but then around 7'50" the harmony starts to cloud before finally fading out. 

Hard to comment. It was easy if saddening to listen to. .

Congratulations.

Dane.

Thank you so much Dane im an so glad you listened, yes inspiration was drawn on from recent times and felt like if i could convey some of that to people loosing loved ones that it might help even if its a small number that i reach. 

But you're words are an inspiration to me. Always great to hear how it effects others. 

I look forward to the future creating and discussing. 

Dane Aubrun said:

Remarkable. A truly heartfelt piece; conveys a great sadness.

It would make a great concert Adagio. The scoring is superb and holds together well from that dark opening through to the fine, higher texture at the end as if light could get through if allowed. Melodic fragments appear around 2'0" and there was a change at around 4'43" that conveyed a pause for thought - all seemed to evolve naturally. It was as if the mood might just get brighter but then around 7'50" the harmony starts to cloud before finally fading out. 

Hard to comment. It was easy if saddening to listen to. .

Congratulations.

Dane.

A well mixed piece. I like that you go back and re visit things in your mixes. 

 Nice movie type of track. Since the success for this rests only on strings I think it does well as such. Not as standout but a nice "backgrounder". Thanks for sharing! 

Take Care is available again, then.

Yesterday I started listening to it and stumbled upon its duration and told myself if someone — me, actually — could even cope with ten minutes of such aural tour de force.
I was beginning to complain about the static harmony and something subtle suddenly happened, then dynamics come into the sights of my critic
al remarks, then something happened again: some strings entered, other left… leaving me mesmerized.

This revised outfit has definitely more scope and direction than the earlier, we all thank you from our listeners’ standpoint, still the previous version had some disturbing strength I miss here. You polished your feelings, have better focus on them, but found a bit of the murmuring grief went lost.

A great adagio indeed. Congratulations.

I also appreciated the raw, biting sound of the bows over the strings.
The recording, however, is too dry: no orchestra would agree to play into an anechoic space. It will definitely benefit from some added ambience, retaining the right-in-your-face effect anyway.

Best

Thank you for listening yeah it has lost a-little bit of punch i will re mix it and yes some of the strings need abit of reverb and less volume, i agree i will work on it today and fix a few things maybe tone down abit of the compression.

Fabio Biolcati said:

Take Care is available again, then.

Yesterday I started listening to it and stumbled upon its duration and told myself if someone — me, actually — could even cope with ten minutes of such aural tour de force.
I was beginning to complain about the static harmony and something subtle suddenly happened, then dynamics come into the sights of my critic
al remarks, then something happened again: some strings entered, other left… leaving me mesmerized.

This revised outfit has definitely more scope and direction than the earlier, we all thank you from our listeners’ standpoint, still the previous version had some disturbing strength I miss here. You polished your feelings, have better focus on them, but found a bit of the murmuring grief went lost.

A great adagio indeed. Congratulations.

I also appreciated the raw, biting sound of the bows over the strings.
The recording, however, is too dry: no orchestra would agree to play into an anechoic space. It will definitely benefit from some added ambience, retaining the right-in-your-face effect anyway.

Best

Thankyou Tim i will experiment with a few more instruments in the mix today and see how it goes.

Timothy Smith said:

A well mixed piece. I like that you go back and re visit things in your mixes. 

 Nice movie type of track. Since the success for this rests only on strings I think it does well as such. Not as standout but a nice "backgrounder". Thanks for sharing! 

Hey i did a final mix.. made some adjustments to the volume and reverb mode on the solo strings as well as the articulation of the violins if anyone wants to check out how it went ill put the link here..https://soundcloud.com/jacob-ticli/take-care

Well done Jacob. 

The drama is back.

Maybe now is too overall wet: let us hear a bit more of the space you recorded it into.

jacob ticli said:

Hey i did a final mix.. made some adjustments to the volume and reverb mode on the solo strings as well as the articulation of the violins if anyone wants to check out how it went ill put the link here..https://soundcloud.com/jacob-ticli/take-care

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sign up info

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service