New Music

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I've posted here have been rather busy but I thought its about time I presented some of my newest stuff for you to listen to. Embedded below from youtube is the first movement of Dichroic Light for solo cello and live electronics, my second string quartet Fish and Chips and a piece for a slightly odd ensemble called Silence, Imperfect Silence. Let me know what you think, what works, what doesnt etc about the music.

Cheers,

Matthew

Dichroic Light 1st Movement

Fish and Chips

Silence, Imperfect Silence

Dichroic Light.pdf

fish and chips.pdf

Silence Imperfect Silence.pdf

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thought thats where I'd posted it :s sorry!

Chris Alpiar said:
    moving to music dissection, where this should be posted. please read up on the music dissection rules. thanks
    New Music
    Hello everyone,   Its been a while since I've posted here have been rather busy but I thought its about time I presented some of my newest stuff for…
  • i really like the string quartet, you should post some scores! i dont know if the title fits the piece at all. the title seems like a joke... and the piece does not sound like a joke. it's very well written for the strings, gliss's are effective, and also the repeating figure at the start. where was this performed?
  • Ahh yes scores forgot to put those up. Should be attached now.

I know what you mean about the title but to me the title fits the piece because of what the piece is about. I dont mind people laughing at points (like they do in the recording!) or being jarred by the title and the piece because that all fits as well. It was recorded in the Recital Room of Glasgow City Halls last month by a quartet I got together. Thanks for the comments glad you enjoyed it :)

tom said:
    i really like the string quartet, you should post some scores! i dont know if the title fits the piece at all. the title seems like a joke... and the piece does not sound like a joke. it's very well written for the strings, gliss's are effective, and also the repeating figure at the start. where was this performed?
    New Music
    Hello everyone,   Its been a while since I've posted here have been rather busy but I thought its about time I presented some of my newest stuff for…
This reply was deleted.