My new Jazz Rock album

I wasn't sure if I should post this ad here but having read the rules, I think it's allowed.

Just want to let you know that I have an album with my band MT Hedz ready for downloading from iTunes, CDbaby and Amazon mp3. Physical copies are also available from the band website HERE

I've uploaded a short sampler of the tracks so you get an idea of what the album's like and in the future I'll upload some full tracks here too.

Anyway, for anyone who likes this sort of music I hope you'll enjoy the snippet and consider downloading or buying  the CD ( help a hungry muso!!)

albumsampler.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh, I should have mentioned that all the music was written and arranged by me ( that's why I took the liberty of promoting it here). And for those interested in the technical things, the drum tracks were recorded at a local studio on protools and the rest recorded at my place on Logic 9. I had the mastering done by Steve Holroyd at Roger's Boat  Studios in  Balboa CA.

• The sampler sounds great! ...I just ordered the CD  :)  -doug, fusionist

• At what point in each tune, were the drums tracked?  What mic pres did you use? Mics? Outboard effects?

• Hey Doug,

Thanks for buying and it'll be in the mail by tomorrow!

I took guide backing tracks, minus kit and with a click to the drum session. Recorded a few takes of each song (8) and brought all the files back to mine for editing and comping. Then overdubbed ( over many months, sporadically) the horns, keys, bass and guitar. Although we have played the tracks live many times I decided to make the recording a little more layered so I added percussion loops and multiple keyboards. As far as mics go I've asked the drum engineer to tell me as I'm not sure what he used but at my place the horns were done with a Studio Projects mic and a little ADK Vienna or AKG C 214 going through my old analogue Spirit Studio desk. Guitar was through his FX board via the desk and I'll have to ask the bassist who brought some thinga-me-jig!

Doug Lauber said:

At what point in each tune, were the drums tracked?  What mic pres did you use? Mics? Outboard effects?

My new Jazz Rock album
    I wasn't sure if I should post this ad here but having read the rules, I think it's allowed. Just want to let you know that I have an album with my b…
  • I'm really looking forward to the CD! I've got around 7 tunes completed on my own album, which is also a fusion blend. Chris Alpiar on sax and Adrian Peek and Seth Burkhart on drums. Michael Childress on violin.

• Hi Ray,

Thanks for the compliment! Unless you think it's out of place in a bad way!!

Seriously though, this place is definitely a mixed bag and interesting for it.

As for doing well with it, although I kept the costs down to a minimum using favours and putting the hours myself, if I make enough money to break even I'll be happy.

All the best

Mike

Raymond Kemp said:

Michael,

The quality of music and production is so out of place here amongst the kids or worse still the music educators masquerading as composers, I thought I was somewhere else.

-

Thanks for sharing and I hope it does very well for you.

Best Regards

Ray

-

Yes I'm at that place again wondering what I'm doing here.

My new Jazz Rock album
    I wasn't sure if I should post this ad here but having read the rules, I think it's allowed. Just want to let you know that I have an album with my b…
  • I'll definitely want one so let me know when it's ready Doug.

Doug Lauber said:

I'm really looking forward to the CD! I've got around 7 tunes completed on my own album, which is also a fusion blend. Chris Alpiar on sax and Adrian Peek and Seth Burkhart on drums. Michael Childress on violin.

My new Jazz Rock album
  • Just wanted to add that it really does sound excellent, nice work!  Oh and Ray, you covered just about everybody here save for the grumpy old zen master wannabes ;)

• Thanks George, I'm afraid the furthest north we've managed so far is Hemel Hempstead LOL. But if we ever get a gig a little further afield I'll certainly let you know. A festival or something would be great fun.

George Butterley said:

Thanks for posting this Michael, very nice work all round, and real live breathing and thinking instrumentalists! (whatever happened to those guys?). This has obviously been a labour of love for you, and it's very much appreciated. Would be great to see the band sometime, and see those tunes played live. If you're ever gigging in the North let me know?

• you would. 

Raymond Kemp said:

Michael,

The quality of music and production is so out of place here amongst the kids or worse still the music educators masquerading as composers, I thought I was somewhere else.

-

Thanks for sharing and I hope it does very well for you.

Best Regards

Ray

-

Yes I'm at that place again wondering what I'm doing here.

This reply was deleted.