Hey everyone.  It's been quite a while since I posted on the forum.  For those of you who don't know me, I am a 23 year old self-taught American composer.  Here is the finalized score to, and recording of my first piano trio, "Grace Steps off the Curb"; this piece was started in high school and only recently finished.  It was originally for piano, violin and 5 string bass, but I revised it to use a standard 4-string.  I'm looking mostly for insights and observations.  Thanks!

Grace Steps off the Curb (2015) -- Reflects Recording.pdf

Grace Steps off the Curb.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll have to take a closer look once I get a bit more time, but at a glance (and quick listen) I really like it. I can see it working really well as an arrangement for my jazz quartet. . .

• Very Nice job!  This piece caught my attention when you first posted the original version a while back.   The updates and new recording really bring it to life.   The repeating 16th note pattern carried by piano and the violin give the piece a minimalist feel. There are some very nice harmonies in the piano part and the trade-offs between piano/violin and piano/bass keep things interesting.  All in all a very enjoyable piece.  Keep at it and thanks for posting!

This reply was deleted.