Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I'll start with sharing this: a number of compositions I made to help me visualise certain scenes for a book I was writing.

First one: "Aarushi - Spirit of Time"

In my story, Aarushi is an incarnation of a Goddess found in ancient Vedic legends. In her new incarnation, she is the 'knower of the spirit of time'. Someone who understands time, it's meaning and why it exists. This composition describes a scene where she sits atop a hill in 'Vimana', the flying city, about 420,000 years from now, and an omniscient sage describes who she is as we watch her gazing up at the stars. ..."Her name is Aarushi. But, to me, she is the knower of the spirit of Time..."

Views: 30

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Tarun,

I'm not a fan of film music and was guilty overlooking your submission (what a lesson learned! Never surrender to prejudice!)

Let me say I found it very inspired, with a lovely Mark Isham-ish touch in that far away brass tone.

It's a fine standalone piece of music, even without a picture running behind it.

Best

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for your kind words. I'll take it as a huge compliment that Mark Isham be mentioned here at all. In my humble opinion, there are two kinds of film composers; those whom can describe the scene; and those who can describe the story and characters. I would put Mark Isham in the latter category. His composition for "Brothers" from the film "The Accountant"

All the best

Hi Tarun,

This is absolutely sublime. In 2 minutes, you've set the mood and  it has an immediate effect of transporting one to a distant land and time. So yes, I think the music fits perfectly with your description. But honestly, I could enjoy this music even if I had zero knowledge of what it was about. I had sensations of floating, gliding and a general feeling of transcendence. Really wonderful. I cannot think of a single thing to critique here. And now that  I've written it, I noticed the other review here also points at how it can work effectively as a  standalone piece.  I've already listened to it a few times, and its already stuck in my head ! I hope to hear more of your music here. 

Hi Sahir,

Your comments mean a lot and will certainly contribute towards my future compositions. Thank you very much for your comprehensive words. I will be posting scores from the story everyday - have already done so just now.

Hope to speak more.

All the best

Sahir Haider said:

Hi Tarun,

This is absolutely sublime. In 2 minutes, you've set the mood and  it has an immediate effect of transporting one to a distant land and time. So yes, I think the music fits perfectly with your description. But honestly, I could enjoy this music even if I had zero knowledge of what it was about. I had sensations of floating, gliding and a general feeling of transcendence. Really wonderful. I cannot think of a single thing to critique here. And now that  I've written it, I noticed the other review here also points at how it can work effectively as a  standalone piece.  I've already listened to it a few times, and its already stuck in my head ! I hope to hear more of your music here. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service