Replies

• Wonderful nostalgic piece. Reminding me of times gone past which I guess was it’s purpose.

I wasn’t sure about the ambient sounds behind but the longer I listened the more they added.

Well done!

• Thank you for your kind words, glad you enjoyed it.

Michael Lofting said:

Wonderful nostalgic piece. Reminding me of times gone past which I guess was it’s purpose.

I wasn’t sure about the ambient sounds behind but the longer I listened the more they added.

Well done!

Memory of Love
    Performing at the piano my latest work titled  Memory of Love Best Regards, Saul Saul Gefen · Memory Of Love
  • Another great one, Saul.

Came across to me as a feeling of 'sweet sorrow'. I loved the ending - came across as 'left open-ended'.

Cheers,

Dane.

• Lovely, lyrical piece Saul. Loved the mix with the natural sounds as well, though I think the piece would be as evocative without them. Thanks for sharing.

• Thank you Dane and Liz, highly appreciated.

• Hi Saul,
    Lovely piece! Overall good mood, sweet senses, I can feel the memories.
    In the context of smooth memories, a few remarks:

The E flat in the melody at time 2:46 while having a G sharp followed by an E in the piano derails the smooth harmony a bit. Would a D in the melody not make more sense there?

At time 3:15, the progression from G to G sharp in the left makes me feel uncomfortable. Maybe easier to play G E Fsharp

I agree with Dane, you’re steering towards a smooth agreeable A-major ending but adding a B to the final chord feels like you’re saying “there is more love to be found beyond the horizon”. A nice surprise.

• Hi,

Thanks but the keys your mentioned are incorrect there is no Eflat there and the ending doesn't end with B but an A major.

Joost Visser said:

Hi Saul,
    Lovely piece! Overall good mood, sweet senses, I can feel the memories.
    In the context of smooth memories, a few remarks:

The E flat in the melody at time 2:46 while having a G sharp followed by an E in the piano derails the smooth harmony a bit. Would a D in the melody not make more sense there?

At time 3:15, the progression from G to G sharp in the left makes me feel uncomfortable. Maybe easier to play G E Fsharp

I agree with Dane, you’re steering towards a smooth agreeable A-major ending but adding a B to the final chord feels like you’re saying “there is more love to be found beyond the horizon”. A nice surprise.

Memory of Love
    Performing at the piano my latest work titled  Memory of Love Best Regards, Saul Saul Gefen · Memory Of Love
  • Nice one Saul!

If you're trying to pick up chicks with your piano playing this one might just do it.- * kidding*

I did pick up on something at about 2:46 that seemed slightly off. 

Overall a lovely  piano piece with a nice measured amount of "other worldliness" added to it. Like a daydream of sorts.

I think the ambiance pads were a nice addition to the piano. 

T-

• Thank you, Tim.

Best Wishes

This reply was deleted.