Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Most of the times I try to tell a story via my music

Stories usually follow the same formula which is :

1.Calm and prosperity and love

2.Introduce the challenge

3.(Happyish ending)The hero(s) overcome the challenge albeit with some losses and they go back to phase 1.

3'.(Alternatively though very rare) The hero(s) fail and we wait for the sequel so that another hero may rise

This "hero" thing is a figure of speech and they may be ordinary people facing ordinary challenges.

This song of mine follows the same structure and thus the name Love Needs Sacrifice... though the picture in your mind might be totally different than mine when you listen.

Don't hesitate to leave your opinion. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/m_masoomi/love-needs-sacrifice

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Track updated at (10/31/2020)

Very well produced and pleasant/easy to listen to. Nice delay line and ping-pong effects. Altogether a nice harmonic progression and build up. Certainly would inspire a video if the story could be symbolised in the time - kind of surreal - but possible. A dreamy sort of thing.

It benefits from simplicity in scoring and the closing fade out leaves it inconclusive.

All good.

Dane.

Glad you liked it 

I see a man falling in love and getting married, then he's faced with hardships of actual marriage, then he overcomes the challenges, matures in the process and feels liberated once again and appreciates he's life again kind of like if there was a "It's a wonderful life" the music video.:lol:

I realize the difference between the genres are huge and some people may not like such a leap, but I believe that light has a better definition when it is side by side with dark and thus the calm in the last part is much more appreciated since it's following mayhem.
The thing is most people that I know only listen calming music or they listen to hard and heavy stuff... to my experience it's mostly us composers that enjoy almost every genre . I believe we look for gems in the rough anywhere we can find it and we don't usually care about the genre that much. Sounds smug huh?! 

This is indeed a very nice piece of music.

Thanks for sharing,

Regards

Thank you from the bottom of my soul

Saul Gefen said:

This is indeed a very nice piece of music.

Thanks for sharing,

Regards

Nice flow and overall progression. I like the delays on the keys. It would work well as a background to a game or animation.

Thanks Nigel,
I appreciate the time and the comment.
Nigel Campbell said:

Nice flow and overall progression. I like the delays on the keys. It would work well as a background to a game or animation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service