Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Just some noisy little brass thing with around 30 of my closest friends...

This brass piece is called Pilot Mountain which is a mountain in NC written for 6 trumpets, 3 euphoniums, 2 tubas, and way too many trombones, bass trombones and horns in the happy little key of F Major. 
https://soundcloud.com/rodney-money-1/pilot-mountain-demo

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you weren’t kidding about this noisy little brass thing.

Loved the relatively quiet beginning, picking up the reverb/echo giving the impression of open space.

I did find the transition around 2’ disconcerting when I first heard it as it seemed like the horns (and troms) were still finishing their phrase.

Thank you for the reply! Oh yes that’s the part where we build it up and everything’s about to change! 

Michael Lofting said:

Well you weren’t kidding about this noisy little brass thing.

Loved the relatively quiet beginning, picking up the reverb/echo giving the impression of open space.

I did find the transition around 2’ disconcerting when I first heard it as it seemed like the horns (and troms) were still finishing their phrase.

This is really quite amazing. I think the title is underrated for what it is. It's a great big majestic wonderful brass thing!

Very nice! Very brassy... perhaps a little too brassy for me, but nevertheless it's still so well written that I liked it anyway. :-P

Thank you my friend. Nothing amazing about it though, just simply a hymn repeated over and over again several times like an English hymn with each time in a new setting. I even kept it diatonic with no accidentals. I suck as a composer. 

Timothy Smith said:

This is really quite amazing. I think the title is underrated for what it is. It's a great big majestic wonderful brass thing!

Would you believe I did the math. It’s exactly 50% mellow and 50% brassy. Maybe I’ll cut and edit a version with just the mellow parts for ya? Lol. 

H. S. Teoh said:

Very nice! Very brassy... perhaps a little too brassy for me, but nevertheless it's still so well written that I liked it anyway. :-P

I’m not sure about how well written it is since I felt like I just threw it together but I do appreciate the compliments.

H. S. Teoh said:

lol, I think it's fine the way it is. I was half-kidding about the brassy part. In fact, I actually like brassy brass chorales where you really let 'er rip.

Haha! I gotcha brother! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service