Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Eva, the daughter of Lavanya (the head of the Collective whom herd what's left of the human race, and Bhadran, the father who promised her a better life but had to flee to fulfil his destiny.

Eva is the result of childhood conditioning and physical manipulation, under the hands of Lavanya, to become the fearful general of the Collective army. She has no match, but which side does she fight for? Good? or Evil?

"Little Eva" - describes what little childhood she had with her father whilst Lavanya loomed in the shadows.

"Eva - Inner Struggle" & Soft version - her self-reflection as she grew up. And how the Sage, Veda Vyasa, describes her when he spots her scouting the city of Vimana. “Eva. She is the best of us all. Made to do the worst of things. But still the best of us all. The one who is tragedy defined; the soft soles of her feet walk upon a bed of red iron thorns, yet she hides away the pain and carries herself with sincerity. She is the one true incarnation of affection, kindness and love. Within the darkest of dust clouds, form the brightest of stars. If one sees the light in their darkest moment, one will outshine the most powerful supernova.”

Views: 33

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Tarun,

Well, I'll start by admitting this isn't really my sort of music.

But I congratulate you on your progress with no formal training. (In fact I came to realise that formal training in any Art can do more damage than good, so you're probably better off as you are). (It's well-known that the Beatles wrote some incredibly good music with no academic training at all.)

The proportions and balance of your work are fine - you control your resources very well for the durations of your pieces. While your narrative descriptions may help some listeners with visualisation, I found myself just listening to the evolving sounds that came over more as colours than scenes.

You speak of your great enthusiasm for film as well as music. Have you considered video? Almost any mirrorless camera does video these days in pretty high definition (even if you only get 15 minutes from a battery!)? The kit lens would cover most situations.

All the same, very nice.

Cheers. Keep well,

Dane.

Hi Dane,

Thank you for commenting. It was an interesting and illuminating read! Your critique means a lot and am very happy that you took the time to listen, even if it isn't your cup of tea. I will certainly want to hear your works as you sound like someone who has a natural passion for music.

In regards to video, I've made a couple of short films in my youth and do marketing videos for my wife's business. I use a 50mm 1.4f Prime which does the job very well. Learned the ropes filming for a few years with a friend who owns a media company. My dream would be to direct my own film!

All the best

Dane Aubrun said:

Hi, Tarun,

Well, I'll start by admitting this isn't really my sort of music.

But I congratulate you on your progress with no formal training. (In fact I came to realise that formal training in any Art can do more damage than good, so you're probably better off as you are). (It's well-known that the Beatles wrote some incredibly good music with no academic training at all.)

The proportions and balance of your work are fine - you control your resources very well for the durations of your pieces. While your narrative descriptions may help some listeners with visualisation, I found myself just listening to the evolving sounds that came over more as colours than scenes.

You speak of your great enthusiasm for film as well as music. Have you considered video? Almost any mirrorless camera does video these days in pretty high definition (even if you only get 15 minutes from a battery!)? The kit lens would cover most situations.

All the same, very nice.

Cheers. Keep well,

Dane.

Honestly, it comes as no surprise you've done some videography. And what a nice lens! (I'd better not start a discussion on photography here except to say I'm a great fan of those low stop-number lenses. f/1.4 suits me fine! Differential focus was always a favourite technique!)

Having listened to more of your work now the affinity with videography comes clearer.

Most interesting.

I like your conclusion, Sir. Haha!

I do love my photography! And, yes, easy to get carried away on the subject.

All the best

Dane Aubrun said:

Honestly, it comes as no surprise you've done some videography. And what a nice lens! (I'd better not start a discussion on photography here except to say I'm a great fan of those low stop-number lenses. f/1.4 suits me fine! Differential focus was always a favourite technique!)

Having listened to more of your work now the affinity with videography comes clearer.

Most interesting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service