Innovation J.S.

OK.  Here's my piece for Chamber Orchestra written in 2008.

It was written for a concert devoted to the music of JS Bach.  Although this is an original piece of mine, there are subtle references to Bach Inventions No. 5 and 8 which periodically peak in from time to time.   I eagerly await your dissections.  :)

CC

Innovation J.S..mp3

Innovation J.S..pdf

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Had a quick listen and score follow only.

What I admire is your willingness to give classical music a really strong "groove". If anything, I realy think that an electric bass would have added depth, as our ears are accustomed (through pop and jazz) to hearing a drum kit with electric bass, and it may have tied together some of the more fragmented upper parts - but I know you like that fragmented sound.

Look forward to more of your innovations.

• Thanks Adrian!  Critique appreciated!  :)

Adrian Allan said:

Had a quick listen and score follow only.

What I admire is your willingness to give classical music a really strong "groove". If anything, I realy think that an electric bass would have added depth, as our ears are accustomed (through pop and jazz) to hearing a drum kit with electric bass, and it may have tied together some of the more fragmented upper parts - but I know you like that fragmented sound.

Look forward to more of your innovations.

Innovation J.S.
    OK.  Here's my piece for Chamber Orchestra written in 2008. It was written for a concert devoted to the music of JS Bach.  Although this is an origin…
  • Fantastic piece. I really enjoyed it. It is an area that interests me, the blending of different 'genres' into a cohesive whole.

Do you have any particular influences? Look forward to hearing more stuff.

• Oh .... various influences.  John Adams is a hero of mine I guess.  There are many more of course,  but it was John that started it for me.

Michael Tauben said:

Fantastic piece. I really enjoyed it. It is an area that interests me, the blending of different 'genres' into a cohesive whole.

Innovation J.S.
    OK.  Here's my piece for Chamber Orchestra written in 2008. It was written for a concert devoted to the music of JS Bach.  Although this is an origin…
  • By the way, thanks for the kind words Michael.  you're too kind.  :)

Michael Tauben said:

Fantastic piece. I really enjoyed it. It is an area that interests me, the blending of different 'genres' into a cohesive whole.

Innovation J.S.
  • Great piece of music.  The interplay of instruments to create a whole was outstanding.

Thank you for sharing this.

Who did this performance and were you involved in the preparation of it?

• Hi Tim!

The group playing this piece is called Absolute Ensemble conducted by Kristjan Järvi.

And yes, I did the conductors score and parts via the music software called Finale.  I've been using it for almost 20 years.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.  Much appriecated.

CC

Tim Marko said:

Great piece of music.  The interplay of instruments to create a whole was outstanding.

Thank you for sharing this.

Who did this performance and were you involved in the preparation of it?

Innovation J.S.
  • Thanks Tim!

This reply was deleted.