Replies

• Yoshed, once again... dynamic, well constructed and well produced. IMO

Are you ready for something larger? Two thumbs up, and one finger

pointing towards a bigger brighter future. It seems you have somewhat

mastered this 5 minute format. Dive in to the ocean. 

• Thanks a lot Roger for this comment ! I conceive music as a research and maybe this path enriches my compositions... I hope ! Thanks again !

roger stancill said:

Yoshed, once again... dynamic, well constructed and well produced. IMO

Are you ready for something larger? Two thumbs up, and one finger

pointing towards a bigger brighter future. It seems you have somewhat

mastered this 5 minute format. Dive in to the ocean. 

I have no more name
    Only a little music :
  • Reminds me of Gorecki's Symphony No. 3. I like the transition point at the middle, and the way it comes back to the main singing theme at the end feels very natural.

• Actually, I'd be curious to see something smaller. In a way I find throwing a whole orchestra (plus orchestra piano, plus chorus plus solo vocals) at a composition somewhat facile. How about a string quartet, a wind quartet, anything with limited means?

This all sounds well enough, but it's not exactly economy of means, something that composers used to value.

Also I find the use of acoustic instruments with decidedly electronic sound levels somewhat incongruous. If you're going to be using the tools of the recording studio, why not throw in a Moog Modular? It would be equally valid.

Anyway. This was enjoyable to listen to.

roger stancill said:

Are you ready for something larger? 

I have no more name
    Only a little music :
  • Gorgeous. I love the transitions, they keep the interest going very nicely. I like shorter pieces, they work better in our ADD world.
  • EXCELLENT work--well done :)

Thanks so much for sharing:)

Bob https://soundcloud.com/bob-morabito

This reply was deleted.