Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello All....

This is Sukhpal....

It is my humble request to all the music experts to guide me regarding mixing and mastering the music....I compose my own music, generally i complete my songs with 20 to 30 wav float audio tracks....Im using Nuendo 3....I want to know how to do mixing and mastering of my music so that i shud sound professional....Please guide me ....Thanks a lot in advance... :)

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey All,

Been a while maybe 4-5 years.. I needed to go do some studying and figuring out..So this is what I came up with :) That works for me today.. I do not send anything out unless I have someone with normal ears listen..maybe a pro or just one of my kids or someone other than me..

I am really starting to enjoy this composing stuff and have even been fortunate enough to recently do a couple of trailers for the bigger guys..heres the problem..My ears are shot. Cinematic drums and such after about 3-4 hrs distort in my ears.. I am going to pursue trailer work because I write like me and people if marketed correctly will maybe hire me for my style also.I am getting some decent feedback..The point is if I get $$$$$ for the trailer and I am positive you guys have done this.. Then why not hire an engineer or mastering guy if you want to do a little to get it right.

1..No cash

2 Do not know or trust anyone

3.Think you can do it yourself ? and does not think your time would be better composing music because thats what you love.?

OK so I need some advice?

Where can I purchase or not, video to put a reel together..Please dont tell me to go do a bunch of college gigs I'm too old :)

Also tweaking sounds,and putting together templates so your ready when the call comes in? What are the best practices?

I hope this is not to much for a re-entry.. I finally decided what I want to do when I grow up and I am just doing it.

Happy holiday

I look forwrd to some feedback

-Dave

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service