The link below is to a new track I wrote using EWQLSO Silver that I recently got. It allowed me to get a much grander sound that wasn't possible before with other plugins. Please tell me what you guys think, I'd love some feedback. Support me by liking, commenting, and subscribing to my YouTube channel! USS REDEMPTION Heroic/Action Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8NQAs4t0lg

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It sounds great. My only suggestion is that you could widen the stereo field a bit, e.g. by using some Haas effect. Well done :)

• Thanks for the feedback, Bruce! Do you know what kind of filter I could use for a Haas effect?

Bruce Cropley said:

It sounds great. My only suggestion is that you could widen the stereo field a bit, e.g. by using some Haas effect. Well done :)

Heroic/Action film track, Zimmer inspired (sort of)
    The link below is to a new track I wrote using EWQLSO Silver that I recently got. It allowed me to get a much grander sound that wasn't possible befo…
  • Sounds good.

Suitable for the game in the description on the tracks youtube-page. My only complaint would be that you use EWQL silver. Use another virtual orchestra for the final mix, for realism and maybe the game will sell better as well ;)

• Thanks for the input. Do you know which other virtual orchestras could lend to greater realism? Because I always read reviews and such saying EWQL is one of the best libraries in the industry for realism, but maybe I'm mistaken?

Per-Erik Rosqvist said:

Sounds good.

Suitable for the game in the description on the tracks youtube-page. My only complaint would be that you use EWQL silver. Use another virtual orchestra for the final mix, for realism and maybe the game will sell better as well ;)

Heroic/Action film track, Zimmer inspired (sort of)
    The link below is to a new track I wrote using EWQLSO Silver that I recently got. It allowed me to get a much grander sound that wasn't possible befo…
  • One technique for getting more realism is to add a second virtual instrument playing the same lines - I'm not sure if this is what Per-Erik is suggesting. It doesn't have to be as loud as the primary instrument.

• BTW, for the Haas effect, I just insert a sample delay plugin that comes with Logic Pro. Virtual Sound Stage looks (and sounds) very cool, but FWIW you can probably get a similar effect with your DAW and a bit more work, depending on your budget.

• I think one problem with just using EWQLSO Silver and Gold also is that all instruments are recorded with large hall reverb. So you're stuck with that verb effect. I've found that too much verb in the lower instruments can create a muddy mix, like when trying to get the full sound. 

Actually, I own EWQLSO Silver. I also have GPO 4 from the olden days which is totally dry but at just over 2GB with a piano and organ, not really sound track quality but there are wizards who can wring a pretty decent sound out of it with much massaging and sonic trickery. Even EWQLSO, including Platinum is getting pretty long in the tooth as it was released in 2004. 

To get to that next level of sound quality I'm afraid you're looking at some real serious money. Project SAM's Symphobia is a modern full symphonic sample library geared towards sound track work.  They also have a sequel, Symphobia 2.

Caching, caching. 

• I was thinking you should use Gold, it is the next step up the ladder. More keyswitches and more material (samples) and much more of everything..

But I agree, what everyone else said above.

This reply was deleted.