Hello from a new member: Ron Bracale

Hi, I am not sure I know my way around here or have figured this site. I have been writing and playing for 40+ years, but without making a living out of it. I am now retired and spending much of my time with music because I love doing so. I am interested in expanding my connections and potentially engaging in new paths for getting my music listened to, possibly for movies and other entertainment media, but I know nothing about that. I understand this site is not about promotion and so I will see what is appropriate to share as I proceed.

I started with silver flute and western music. I got into keyboards and midi for backing myself up and composing. I then studied North Indian Raga for 10 years. I then spent two years learning jazz theory, enough to have an understanding of the basic theory and a new listening experience of jazz. Following that I found Shakuhachi, the vertical 'Zen' bamboo flute from Japan. I studied for 10 years with grandmaster Chikuzen (mostly over Skype). As I progressed I also found a fascination for Just Intonation and applying Scala files to re-tune my keyboards out of 12 TET. All along my musical journey I have been engaged in improvisation as well as composition. I believe professional improvisation is dependent upon a high level of of music theory beining innately comprehended. I continue playing and studying shakuhachi flute with occasional forays into the retuned keyboards. I have an extremely diverse set of released music, since I follow whatever is moving me, rather than having a commercial plan.

Peace, Ron Bracale

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ron,

Welcome to the site! We are mostly non-pro composers who work other jobs and write music in our spare time. The main purpose of this forum is to share our music with each other and get feedback. I suggest you post something to our "Music Analysis and Critique" board to start. Or feel free to offer any commentary you may have on works others post there.

Again, welcome!

Gav

• Thank You.

• Hi Ron, 

Welcome to the group!  I joined back in May I believe and haven't been as active as I'd like.  Been very busy with different projects.  But I do try to drop in when I can.  

Your background sounds very interesting.  I look forward to hearing some of your music.

Gregory Hodges  

• I can be found on all streaming services, including Youtube.
      I have been active on a new Bandcamp Audio blog with weekly improvisations (ShakuhachiSpirit).
      I welcome advice on doing something more.
      I plan to get into this forum, but this week has been especially busy.
      Peace, Ron.

This reply was deleted.