Hello.

I just became a member here and am trying to get a few ears on my original compositions from those who do create  themselves without breaking proper protocol or getting tossed out for an improper introduction. If this is the wrong place I apologize. If this is the right place here I go.

My name is George. I am a meat goat, pig and chicken farmer and I play the piano at night in New Jersey USA 3 nights a week and 5 - 7 or so times a year in Manhattan if someone drops out at the last minute and I am available.

I have been composing at my farm the past year and a half or so. My work ranges from classical piano pieces to fully orchestrated complete modern concerto's and hook music to sell a product or situation. Acid jazz and rock and classical jazz fusion with an almost ambient flair, or so I have been told. It is somewhat a fusion of type and makes me happy anyway. I am hoping to get feedback and or advice on my work from someone like myself to improve my work.

I have well over 40 works on SOUNDCLOUD under "FARMERGEORGE'   or at the address    https://soundcloud.com/farmergeorge-219764899

I would very much appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks

I will also leave a few here.

RAPIDO.mp3

EASY DAY.mp3

GLIDING THROUGH.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• George,

My question is this: If you could write anything, not for sale, but just for you, what would it be? Something that didn't fit into a 2 minute format, or try to sell something. If you could write something that was music for it's own sake, what would you write? That's the music I want to hear. Sure, we all write for different reasons. I write for the fun of it. Others write for a living, which seems like a tough row to hoe. What you have posted here is certainly good enough, but is it you?

• Bob, I can always appreciate your commentary.

George,

I'v listened to the first one (so far) and it works fine because it's short. If you're happy with short works (for whatever reason - saleable or a very short movie etc) then great. Rapido was full of energy all right; scoring was lucid. But it lacked any sign of development. It changed part way through but not significantly. That doesn't matter here but if you wanted to write something more extended, this would be necessary. Even the minimalist genre tends to ring changes every few minutes. This piece brought to mind a cross between Terry Riley's "Rainbow" and Philip Glass.

And congrats on coming up with this for just 1 1/2 years' work.

Bob Porter said:

George,

My question is this: If you could write anything, not for sale, but just for you, what would it be? Something that didn't fit into a 2 minute format, or try to sell something. If you could write something that was music for it's own sake, what would you write? That's the music I want to hear. Sure, we all write for different reasons. I write for the fun of it. Others write for a living, which seems like a tough row to hoe. What you have posted here is certainly good enough, but is it you?

Hello. Farmer George Here - Searching For Honest Critique
             Hello.   I just became a member here and am trying to get a few ears on my original compositions from those who do create  themselves withou…
This reply was deleted.