Greetings from Malaysia

Hi there!

I am a full-time engineer who likes to write music part-time mostly for my own personal pleasure. I have been making my own music ever since I have started learning music, though I got into it a little more extensively around my teens. My main instrument is the piano, and I also play the violin, and learning the guitar on my own at the moment. I used to perform at wedding receptions with a group of friends and I would sometimes help in arranging the pieces for our ensemble. On occasion, I would also help arrange music for a local church (mostly for the instruments -- the choir's parts are mostly already taken care of). 

I am also a member of Young Composers Forum, though I must say that I have not been very active at all, but I still lurk around there once in a while to see what's going on as I try to find inspiration for my own pieces, and I will still upload pieces there, but very infrequently (only because I haven't been able to write as much recently).

I found this Forum here almost on a whim really, because since there is a Young Composers Forum, I thought there'd be one that would be for a more general demographic, and then I found it here, so thought I'd see how it would be like. So thank you, for approving my membership. 

I hope to share more of my music here in the future, as well as participate in discussions. 

Best Regards,

Sam

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi and welcome from me, Samuel. It's certainly a place to be for variety. Have a look around, familiarise yourself and... I look forward to hearing some of your work, when you have a mind to post something. 

Cheers,

Dane.

• Hi Dane, 

Thank you for the warm welcome! :) I will have a look around and eventually post some tunes up.

Dane Aubrun said:

Hi and welcome from me, Samuel. It's certainly a place to be for variety. Have a look around, familiarise yourself and... I look forward to hearing some of your work, when you have a mind to post something. 

Cheers,

Dane.

Greetings from Malaysia
    Hi there! I am a full-time engineer who likes to write music part-time mostly for my own personal pleasure. I have been making my own music ever sinc…
This reply was deleted.