Grasping objects in the fog

Not sure if I have ever posted this piece here. This is for string quartet. The following should be taken, of course, with a pinch of salt and with tongue in cheek... The underlying narrative of this piece is - episodes in the life of an everyman, as he progresses through life. The episodes can be roughly seen as:- (a) Starting out facing the thick fog of uncertainty (b) Missing the bleeding obvious - a pratfall (c) Disagreement (d) Hectic, incessant, unwielding, intolerant life (e) Uncertain, hesitant steps in love (f) The false comfort of alcohol/drugs (g) Pitching one's ideas against the flow / the norm, and rejection (h) Confusion at being totally ignored (i) Demoralised, continues journey (j) Gone to the dogs (k) Continues journey heading towards.......?

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Roger
    To stop you from dangling, how about a soothing piece for string orchestra....

https://soundcloud.com/dstowd/transitions

roger stancill said:

David, I gave this a second listen and have no doubt it is masterfully done.

You are very good at your art. It shows.

Honestly tho', I'm afraid that if I listen to it a 3rd time, the next day you will

find me dangling at the end of a rope. So if hopeless despair was your aim,

then man, you've succeeded. The antithesis of the romantic.        RS     (romantic sap) 

ps- very creative in a lonely tragic way

• Thanks David, I'm back   hahaha      this one had a 1930's feel to it.

I also enjoyed the acrobatic antics of tanz.tanz           RS

David Stowell said:

Roger

roger stancill said:

Honestly tho', I'm afraid that if I listen to it a 3rd time, the next day you will

then man, you've succeeded. The antithesis of the romantic.        RS     (romantic sap) 

Not sure if I have ever posted this piece here. This is for string quartet. The following should be taken, of course, with a pinch of salt and wit…
  • tanz.tanz ??

roger stancill said:

Thanks David, I'm back   hahaha      this one had a 1930's feel to it.

I also enjoyed the acrobatic antics of tanz.tanz           RS

David Stowell said:

Roger

roger stancill said:

Not sure if I have ever posted this piece here. This is for string quartet. The following should be taken, of course, with a pinch of salt and wit…
  • oops, sorry David, it followed right after listening to your piece

and I thought it was your's.  It was by some guy named 'Recommended'  : - {

This reply was deleted.