Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Get your music performed by realistic virtual instruments online at Artinfuser Studio

Hi! I am glad to return after a long period of inactivity on the forum.

During that time I was trying to build a web service, which allows everyone to upload music in MIDI format and get it performed with professional virtual instruments without installing any software: https://artinfuser.com

Most of orchestra instruments are implemented and also piano, pipe organ and jazz drum set are available. You can upload your music and try. I hope that this service can be useful for students and people who do not have virtual instruments installed. And also for composers who do not want to spend time on tweaking virtual instruments. 

You are able to tweak hundreds of parameters for each instrument, for example increase/decrease length of automatic crescendo, decrease use of glissando articulations, shorten legato transitions, increase or decrease vibrato intensity and more.

Here is how it is done:

1. You upload MIDI file, choose setting and start processing

2. Algorithm uses multiple algorithms to select appropriate articulations, randomize parameters and draw curves for dynamics, vibrato intensity, vibrato speed - thus creating "prepared" MIDI file.

3. Prepared MIDI file is imported into DAW with virtual instruments loaded. Then music is rendered into MP3.

4. Now you can download MP3 or prepared MIDI file as you want. You can even download separate MP3 files for each instrument.

You can listen to an example of audio that  is created automatically on the main page: https://artinfuser.com/studio

Views: 618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Alexey,

I was curious to listen having read the posts and I agree with Antonio about adding ambience. I do also think that Antonios' sounds are closer in timbre to the real thing, as well as the legato performance and overall feel. What sounds are you using for your playback? 

Hi! Thanks a lot for detailed answers.

I use latest versions of sample modeling for all woodwinds and brass.

Last flute note is short, this is why it sounds strange. You can increase length of note and it will sound ok.

I uploaded NotePerformer tracks to the same folder with Composer Tools render so that one can conveniently compare each instrument: http://artportal.su/ctools/stems.php?j_id=532

Please pay attention that instrument tracks of Composer Tools do not contain reverb late reflections, they are added only to master. This is why you hear room reverb lacking in instrument tracks. Actually, listening to instrument without reverb late reflections can be not easy if you are not used to, it can seem to sound artificual. But this allows to hear all articulation problems very distinctly. Moreover, I tend to limit reverb amount to avoid mess when more complex textures are played. I think that I will allow user to control amount of reverb later, I already have ideas how to do it.

Frankly speaking, I would say that I hear the opposite - that in NotePerformer clarinet track at 0:28 samples are glued together without transition, which sounds artificial, because I do not hear how player changes notes. Anyways I think that difference is not very outstanding here.

I think, that NotePerformer and SynFul definitely can have their lovers, although they sound to me artificial (lacking realistic sound) when compared to sample modeling, which I use. I actually posted several comparison videos above with NotePerformer and Composer Tools playing same music.

Yet there seem to be a lot of things to do to use whole potential of sample library in Composer Tools. Currently trills are played bad, also passage starting from 0:59 sounds not very convincing. I will fix that later.

Well, the world of sampling is full of disagreements. I've often released a piece and had someone tell me that one instrument sounded fake while another person raved about how real it sounded. One time I posted a piece with an oboe part I didn't think sounded that realistic and then had an oboist ask me "Who was the oboist performing in that recording?"

If you don't hear what I hear, well, there's not much more to be said. By the way, I mentioned the flute part at 0:28, not the clarinet. To me the difference is like night and day. I included that passage deliberately as I know it's a tough test of legato playing for sample libraries (EWQLSO doesn't do a good job, either).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service