Fantasy for Band

Thought I would put my latest creation here for all to enjoy and/or comment about. This was written for a friend who directs a youth wind symphony. The melodic material is based on a musical pattern made from the letters of his name. The rhythmic pattern is made from the same letters tapped out in morse code. I had fun writing it and I hope he will be able to program it in a future concert.

Rich

The piece can be found here:

Fantasy for band

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think this is a really interesting piece. Very powerfull, authentic harmonic language and interesting melodies. I looking forward to hear a performance of this.
  • Nice piece. It somehow reminds me of Messiaen.
    Post more!
  • The piece is with a conductor now. I will have to wait and see if he programs it for next year's concert schedule. Thanks for the comments, it is appreciated.

Gijs van Beusekom said:
    I think this is a really interesting piece. Very powerfull, authentic harmonic language and interesting melodies. I looking forward to hear a performance of this.
    Fantasy for Band
    Thought I would put my latest creation here for all to enjoy and/or comment about. This was written for a friend who directs a youth wind symphony. T…
  • The piece is harmonically based on the patterns derived from the melodic interpretation of a specific person's name. Also, I do like to use minor/major interchangeably and not tie down any specific key priorities. Thanks for commenting on the piece.
  • I just spoke (this week) with the conductor of the Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony and this piece is scheduled this fall for performance. It will be premiered on November 7 at Severance Hall in Cleveland, OH. I just thought everyone would like to know.
This reply was deleted.