Embrace - for solo piano

Hello!

This is my first post here and I would like to show you all a little music of mine called Embrace. It's a little minimalist  and has a simple harmony progression, but I think it fits well.

I want to know your opinion about the song. Feel free to comment about anything!

Thanks.

Gustavo

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I liked it.  Simple but effective.  I would like to hear it without all the rubato.  In an effort to sound artsy, you have broken phrases that should flow.  A straighter rhythm would be better in some passages.

Lawrence

• I understand. Thanks Lawrence, I'll try it without all the rubato, let's see what happen! 

Lawrence Aurich said:

I liked it.  Simple but effective.  I would like to hear it without all the rubato.  In an effort to sound artsy, you have broken phrases that should flow.  A straighter rhythm would be better in some passages.

Lawrence

Embrace - for solo piano
    Hello! This is my first post here and I would like to show you all a little music of mine called Embrace. It's a little minimalist  and has a simple…
  • Yes, I do have things for other instruments. Actually, I'm used to create music on a variety of styles, from pop to hybrid modern-classical, though I need to get better on some specific styles. And yes, I do have things for other instruments! An example:

Thank you for taking to time to listen, Bob! 

Bob Porter said:

I agree, Lawrence. The rubato is too much and should start sooner.

Do you have things for other instruments? If you are to hire yourself out, you need to be able to write different kinds of things for different combinations. Not just what you want. This piece is fine, but you need to be able to be a bit deeper harmonically.

Thanks for posting it.

This reply was deleted.