"DANCING" CONTEST - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

All Composers' Forum members are invited to vote!

In this contest, members were invited to write a piece based on the idea of "Dancing." Please vote on which you think are the top three entries and offer comments if you have any. Deadline to vote is 03/27/19 at 5 pm EST. Also, do join us on the Composers' Forum after the winners are announced for a discussion about the works in the contest!

Vote here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PYBPYMB

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Firstly, thank you to all those who gave me 14 points in total. I am so joyful to be in the top 3 :D

Secondly, thanks so much Gav for all the effort you put in to hosting the competition and your generosity of the prizes. I had been disheartened with my composition efforts for some time and this competition gave me the incentive to try again.

Thirdly, thank you to all who posted comments. I really appreciate any constructive criticism. Please feel free to make more comments. If someone can help me improve the first crescendo I would appreciate that very much. I feel it is a bit forced or something. Are the woodwinds unrealistically too loud? Something doesn't feel quite right there (measures 28-29).

Here is a link to the scored version on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWymJ6Wufbw&list=PLCuZqNQhjR0lF...

• Congratulations to all the winners! There were a lot of interesting pieces in this contest, I enjoyed listening to all of them.

• Hi there,

I wish to thank the whole Forum and Gav for having organized and managed this contest.

I liked many of the pieces, actually I had rated my music 17 or so, then I was suprised of my final ranking, thank you all for this, it is the first time I am in a music contest.

I also thank the people who found the time to comment all the pieces or most of them, reading them is almost as interesting as too. 

I'm happy to have participated to this contest and I am looking forward to having another occasion alike.

Best wishes to all.

This reply was deleted.