Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

My latest String Concerto...

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bravo! A true enjoyment to listen to these delightful and passionate string sounds, especially in the first movement (not so much in the second)!

Just wow! I love the traveling tempo. stunning work! I'd love to know how you sequenced this.

Thank you Gerd!!!

I actually love the second movement maybe just a little more or maybe yet its a total tie!

:)

Gerd Prengel said:

Bravo! A true enjoyment to listen to these delightful and passionate string sounds, especially in the first movement (not so much in the second)!

Hi Sean Thank You! Glad you liked it!

Sean Pollaro said:

Just wow! I love the traveling tempo. stunning work! I'd love to know how you sequenced this.

Hi Saul,

I don't even think this belongs in a 'Music Analysis and Critique' board. It belongs in a 'Music to enjoy by accomplished composers' board. Beautiful work, sir.

All the best

Hi Saul, this is very good over all. My sense though, that you as a younger composer, are cramming too much into one piece of work. The 2nd 'movement' was extraordinary, but the pace of it (actually both) seem to defy the reality of human experience and true nature. I hope you will understand what I an referring to. Above and beyond the musical harmonies, lies the realm of the relationship of musical expression to the human psyche, and human experience. (imo of course)   RS

Thank you for your kind compliment Tarun! Glad you enjoyed it!

Tarun Prajapat said:

Hi Saul,

I don't even think this belongs in a 'Music Analysis and Critique' board. It belongs in a 'Music to enjoy by accomplished composers' board. Beautiful work, sir.

All the best

Hi Thank you for your comments.

I know exactly what you are referring to and I'm using new methods to create new melodies and new ways and means of musical expression. I don't see how that is not within the 'human experience'. As for the pace there are many instrumental works that are either of the same pace or faster, so I don't know how that can be considered not representative of nature and human experience. Even within classical piano music lets take Chopin's Etudes if they were presented to Mozart he would have probably reacted the same way you reacted to this music. He would have probably dismissed it as not reflective of true nature and human experience. But human beings and composers in particular to stick to the subject have always used innovation and tried to explore uncharted ways and methods to express themselves. So in my opinion this exploration of news ideas and methods is human and it does represent the human experience. But said all this, the main thing after all is said and done is if people enjoy the music. If they do then that is human experience, human beings communicating through music.

Regards,

Saul

roger stancill said:

Hi Saul, this is very good over all. My sense though, that you as a younger composer, are cramming too much into one piece of work. The 2nd 'movement' was extraordinary, but the pace of it (actually both) seem to defy the reality of human experience and true nature. I hope you will understand what I an referring to. Above and beyond the musical harmonies, lies the realm of the relationship of musical expression to the human psyche, and human experience. (imo of course)   RS

Hi Saul,

Sorry to tune in so late. This is a wonderful concerto overall. Personally I prefer the second part better (although the first is extremely well done) because it offers more a musical idea and not so much technical playing skills. The recording is masterfully done releasing every single detail in audio experience.

Congrats!

Jos

Thank you Jos! Glad you liked it!

I tend to like the second movement a little more too!

Regards

Wonderful music, really well done. The first movement is amazing. Congrats to you Saul for this outstanding work.

Cheers,

Kjell

Thank you Kjell!

Its interesting how different folks choose different movement as their favorite!

Regards

Kjell Prytz said:

Wonderful music, really well done. The first movement is amazing. Congrats to you Saul for this outstanding work.

Cheers,

Kjell

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service