Replies

• Mike,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time for listening and commenting.  Your comments are very valuable to me. BTW, I just listened to some of your composition "Partita Concordia for string trio" and enjoyed it very much!  I see you also like Bach…

Mike Hewer said:

Hi Minseo,

Some competent writing in here for sure and a decent handle on counterpoint.

Gregorio might correct me here, but at 1'22" in the first mvt, I heard a chord progression more suited to Michel Legrand than Papa. (ref. 'What are you doing the rest of your life' ) Also at 2.50, the cadenza sounded more Schumann to me, but I don't know all of Bach's concertos, so don't take me too seriously!

I enjoyed the slow mvt. very much. It was nice to hear an expansive characterful theme. The 3rd mvt too, had a lot of the expected mannerisms and was enjoyable.

Mike.

Concerto for Piano and Strings
    Inspired by JS Bach's work, I have composed a Bach'ish music.  This is a concerto for piano and strings.  Thank you very much. Concerto for Piano and…
  • ... just listened to some of your composition "Partita Concordia for string trio" and enjoyed it very much!  I see you also like Bach…

Thanks Minseo,  that piece is just a tribute to him and earlier masters, glad you enjoyed it. Do you write in any other styles?

• Mike,

I compose contemporary piano instrumental and trailer-like orchestral music.  Occasionally, I do some musical experiment.  The following is an example of my humble attempt to fuse Korean traditional tune and Baroque musical style (fugue on a pentatonic scale);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1O2bEZ0Vw

Thanks!

Mike Hewer said:

... just listened to some of your composition "Partita Concordia for string trio" and enjoyed it very much!  I see you also like Bach…

Thanks Minseo,  that piece is just a tribute to him and earlier masters, glad you enjoyed it. Do you write in any other styles?

• Hi Minseo

What a charming conceit your Doraji Fugue is. Just about the right length for a limited palette and it works very well.

I too have embarked on a Prelude and Fugue project inspired by others on this forum, but mine are very contemporary in language and style.

Mike.

• Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your compliment. Actually, I need to learn a lot from a professional musician like you. I salute your effort to keep fugal tradition to evolve….  Cheers!

Mike Hewer said:

Hi Minseo

What a charming conceit your Doraji Fugue is. Just about the right length for a limited palette and it works very well.

I too have embarked on a Prelude and Fugue project inspired by others on this forum, but mine are very contemporary in language and style.

Mike.

Concerto for Piano and Strings
    Inspired by JS Bach's work, I have composed a Bach'ish music.  This is a concerto for piano and strings.  Thank you very much. Concerto for Piano and…
This reply was deleted.