This is my longest piano piece to date, and it's also well-named. I didn't realize until just before I finished it that it's like clockwork how the song cycles into itself. I added "something" to the title because I don't know what kind of song this is. All I know is that it is something. :P

I think that this piece is fully-realized, so I don't want to hear that it's too short. Chopin wrote pieces that were less than two minutes long, damn it. >.<

EDIT: Here's a Youtube video of my song. I hope you don't mind the static. Danged soundcard's not worth the plastic it's made out of : ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNNLA0xJJU&feature=youtu.be

clockwork something.mid

piano song in F-sharp minor.pdf

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unfortunately, this is the best I can do. I figured that if you have Windows Media Player on your computer that you'd be able to play the MIDI. I'm working on getting an mp3 file converter installed so I can put more proper files up, as will as update my library of works on my home page.

George Butterley said:

Hi Noah,

Why not put up an audio file?
    "Clockwork Something" in F-Sharp Minor for Piano
    This is my longest piano piece to date, and it's also well-named. I didn't realize until just before I finished it that it's like clockwork how the s…
  • I hear potential in the piece but it gets a little lost. The over all texture sounds more muddled than it should be and I think its because it sounds like its sounds an octave lower than its written so I would check that. The melody seems to get lost as well. After a while it seemed like a flurry of notes so I would think about what is your melody and what is the harmony in your next piece. 

Like I said their is potential but this piece just falls a little short. 

• I think that the midi realisation with no tempo variations helps at all.

I can hear some reasonable progressions and cadence points, but you need to re-record it with some ralls and expression. Either that or make the sheet music markings more clear.

I am of the opinion that there is some merit in this music - but in its current state we can't hear it.

• Well, I'll be a good sport about this. I have improved the score just a little bit after playing it on piano for a bit. My God, does that instrument make me sweat! Thank you all for your considerate responses; after all, I can think of a number of less-than-nice things that you could have said instead. : O

• Noah, I use Sibelius 6 which allows for me to import MIDI files to be transcribed to score format and be exported as WAV and converted to mp3. (it's really easier than it sounds, haha) But, if you ever want something converted to a better sound format so it's a bit more pleasing to listen to, I'd be more than happy to do that for you. :)

This reply was deleted.