Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This is a piece written for chamber orchestra that I would like to get some feedback and criticism on.  It is a short piece in what is roughly an impressionistic style.  All comments are welcome, thank you for listening!

Score is at concert pitch

Views: 98

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Gilles for listening and commenting.  It's nice when critics can teach us something about technique or history but IMO the most important thing a listener can tell a composer is how he or she feels about a work, so your comments are welcome.

It's hard to name a specific influence for this piece, I've listened to a wide variety of music in my life, classical, jazz, rock, pop etc., I think it is important to listen to as much as possible.  Works that I hear on CF are an influence for sure.

Bach and Debussy have always been important to me.

Gilles C. said:

I'm not a good critic (sorry), but I find it very original. What are your influences on this work, in your opinion ?

Very colorful and a bit eclectic. I quite enjoyed that! I like how it conveyed a feeling, a sensation without the use of overt melody or lyricism—the definition of Impressionism, I suppose. This is fine work (especially the counterpoint at 4:00) and I hope you're able to have it performed in the near future!

Thank you Jorfi for the encouragement, I appreciate it.  I'm glad that you are part of the community here where we can all help each other.

Jörfi Terríson said:

Very colorful and a bit eclectic. I quite enjoyed that! I like how it conveyed a feeling, a sensation without the use of overt melody or lyricism—the definition of Impressionism, I suppose. This is fine work (especially the counterpoint at 4:00) and I hope you're able to have it performed in the near future!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service